Virginia Beach 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Beach 2011

Virginia Beach Fire Department will be accepting applications for Firefighter Recruits January 3-9, 2011. The training academy begins in August 2011. Apply online.
    To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
    To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Anyone else applying at Virginia Beach? Anyone on here have any info on the dept? Such as how things run and such? I emailed and have a call in to the HR people about a couple things along with questions about the amount of hiring they plan to do but I havent heard anything back yet. Thanks

Comment

Yea I'm gonna try out for Va beach I checked out there website and they seem to have everything in order as far as the process goes with everything listed with dates and locations. kinda nice compared with being left in the dark in the dark with some other places.

Comment

I'll be following this thread. Also applying.

Comment

Link

Originally posted by tonsoffun1101 View Post
          Virginia Beach Fire Department will be accepting applications for Firefighter Recruits January 3-9, 2011. The training academy begins in August 2011. Apply online.
          You have any kinds of links?

Comment

Herpes you haven't paid any attention to what I have been telling about Googling a fire dept. How are you going to get a job and make through a fire training academy??

LOOK HERE::::

http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?vgnext...D&channel=true
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Maybe if you werent such an *** about it people would pay attention to what you post. The guy simply asked if anyone had the link. Had no one replied im sure he would have found it himself. Its a forum to help each other and discuss things. Not the firehouse where you boss around the new recruits all day long.

Comment

Calm down children, if he, you or anyone can't take some criticism here what makes you think you are going to be able to handle it when you are getting it from instructors or at the firehouse ? Use your brain once in a while, Google is your friend. First place I would have looked was Virginia Beach's website usually all the information you need about dates, dis-qualifiers, among various other things, if he took the same time it took him to make a post here to go googling or searching the VB fire website the good Capt. would have not made the post and then your post and then this post right here.

If you have a brain please use it, it will get you far in life.

Also I know of several VB firefighters that watch this so be careful with what you say...

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by berg2904 View Post
                  Maybe if you werent such an *** about it people would pay attention to what you post. The guy simply asked if anyone had the link. Had no one replied im sure he would have found it himself. Its a forum to help each other and discuss things. Not the firehouse where you boss around the new recruits all day long.

Hey pal, this guy in another thread, has asked and asked how he can get hired. I, myself and others have told him, laid it all out. I even have guided him on how to look for cities and counties that may be hiring and provide several links.

He can't follow instructions now, how will be ever get a job and make in this job?

I am be an *** as you say, but it doesn't take a someone to hold their hand or anyone else to simply follow guided instructions. After several times of telling someone HOW, you would think they could grasp it!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Hey pal, this guy in another thread, has asked and asked how he can get hired. I, myself and others have told him, laid it all out. I even have guided him on how to look for cities and counties that may be hiring and provide several links.

He can't follow instructions now, how will be ever get a job and make in this job?

I am be an *** as you say, but it doesn't take a someone to hold their hand or anyone else to simply follow guided instructions. After several times of telling someone HOW, you would think they could grasp it!

Not to worry Capt. Your advice is always appreciated by everyone else including myself. If someone can't find out how to apply to a FD through the Municipal or Gov website (like 99% are listed) then they need to worry about how they'll even find the right door for the written exam.

Comment

Okay I still think you were an *** about the way you said things, but, I just was looking in another thread and you are right, this guy is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by berg2904 View Post
                        Okay I still think you were an *** about the way you said things, but, I just was looking in another thread and you are right, this guy is an idiot.

I may be an a$s, but if you aren't nobody cares.

Do you plan on being hired by the VABFD? Who knows, he may end up being appointed and be your drill mate!

Sometimes you have to s p e l l out what you want people to receive and understand.

It is like that in recruit school. You have to spoon feed most of the new members as mommie and daddy has failed in their proper upbringing.

I would love to see him go in the military service, the USMC to be precise!

I could tell you volumes about the department and operations, but I think I'll let you find out, should you get appointed.
                        Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 01-01-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                          Herpes you haven't paid any attention to what I have been telling about Googling a fire dept. How are you going to get a job and make through a fire training academy??

LOOK HERE::::

http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?vgnext...D&channel=true
                          Thanks. And I'll make the application Tomarrow asap .

Comment

VBFD has a facebook page and others have asked how many they are hiring. Their reply was "Could be as many as 30, the new budget may impact that number, however 30 is a conservative number."

Just some other info if others haven't looked... The City of Virginia Beach has 19 Fire Stations, 12 of which share facilities with Rescue Squads. A variety of community services such as safety seat inspections, blood pressure checks and station tours are delivered to citizens and visitors on a daily basis.

Plus they have a MONSTER TRUCK (don't believe you can drive this with just an EVOC), and a combat challenge team (Team Stihl)

Comment

That's the bad part of text... it's hard to detect sarcasm lol (MONSTER TRUCK)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X