Clear All

• Capt387
    replied
    Congratulations Man!

Leave a comment:

• 7thChamber
    replied
    Congrats!

Some good advice being said in here...I'm taking notes.

Leave a comment:

• Jonnee
    replied
    Cool - Congrat's.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Try to get assigned to the drive through. Avoid the fry machine at all costs.

Leave a comment:

• Wolverine3982
    replied
    Thank you for all of the great advice! I was blessed and fortunate enough to be given this great opportunity with Eloy Fire District. Its a small department halfway between Phoenix and Tucson on the I-10. So far everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting there has been very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• kschneider
    replied
    Congrats!

Keep the coffee full
    Know the district that you are working in ASAP (Mapping)
    Know your Protocols
    Beat everyone to answering the phone
    If you see a citizen pulling up in there car, hustle over there to greet them
    Know your officers job so that you can be a better subordinate
    Wear a smile 24/7 remember firefighter 24/7

BE THE FIREFIGHTER THAT YOU WANT YOUR PARTNER TO BE!

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    Congrats..... Welcome to the Brotherhood/Sisterhood.....

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolverine3982 View Post
    Three years, thousands of hours of work, school, and volunteering later and my dream has finally come true! So...when does it start to feel real???

WOW you did! Great, congratulations!!

Where did you get a job? You were so excited that you didn't say where.

We have to know so we all can send flowers and candy!!!

Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shawshank
    replied
    Congrats! Where did you get picked up?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix1
    replied
    Next Level

Congrat"s Bro. Hope to be in your shoes one day.

Leave a comment:

• Hopeful_FF
    replied
    Congratulations Wolverine.

Leave a comment:

• PaulC.
    replied
    Wolverine-

1. Start with the 60 minutes and see what you're captain says from there. (You'll probably end up with about 30 minutes with Caps feedback.)

3. During this period of time, you won't generally be asked your opinion on anything unless you're being set up to get hammered! If its a serious situation, you'll know...Act accordingly.

4. Early in the morning. Get a rhythm about how early is good by starting at 6 and working outward based on when the others generally get up. This also means in the kitchen and around the station...sit down last...get up and get in the suds first. In fact, don't sit down anywhere outside a meal until everyone is lights out unless you're studying. Make sure its facing away or in another common room away from any TV.

7. This is a saying about what goes on around a fire station between the other guys and you...Alot of times they'll test your mettle by giving you a hard time regularly...If they know something gets to you, expect to hear it ALOT. Don't worry though...If they're giving you a hard time (and you're taking it well), it generally means they like you and you're gonna do great.

Side note: If something on a call bothers you (bad run...EMS horror show type thing, close call in a fire, etc...), get through the call and do your job. Then when you get back and have a bit of time to think about how you're doing, decide if you need some help from your captain. If you've got a good captain, they'll likely pick it up before you say anything. That would be normal, especially if you haven't seen much. Above all here, keep your head, have courage, and do the job first...People will now be counting on you for real.

While you're in school, feel free to PM me here with any questions.

Again...Well done.

PaulC.

Leave a comment:

• Trackhoe71
    replied
    Congrats brother

Leave a comment:

• JayDudley
    replied
    Congrats

Glad to hear of all of the success stories....just remember as you head up the ladder of success remember where you came from and don't get " badge heavy."

Leave a comment:

• xDREWx
    replied
    Check this out... http://firehouse2.wordpress.com/

Congrats, It has only been 10 months since I was in your exact spot. I am still on cloud 9, and don't think I'll ever come down. Where will you be serving?

Drew

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X