Olympia "Character Review"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympia "Character Review"?

Just took the test for Olympia Fire and on the handout highlighting the steps of the hiring process it lists the next step as a "Character Review" done by a private company called Public Safety Selection. This comes before the oral board which is throwing me off a little bit. It might be premature as test scores are not out yet but I'd like to be prepared and have no idea what this is or what to expect. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like a background review criminal, driving,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Was wondering the same thing. I have never seen a background check before a oral board but maybe it saves them money in the long run or something. Should be interesting.

Comment

Bulldog do you know about how many tested?

Also they may only call/check a select amount

Comment

1500 tested is what the chief said. Also, the review thing is for those who are selected for the cpat and pass. No number was given on how many they would pull for cpat.

Comment

Was their "written" the fireteam test? Seeing that they're prevalent in that video test.

Sounds like the beginnings of a background check.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GU Bulldog Fire View Post
              Just took the test for Olympia Fire and on the handout highlighting the steps of the hiring process it lists the next step as a "Character Review" done by a private company called Public Safety Selection. This comes before the oral board which is throwing me off a little bit. It might be premature as test scores are not out yet but I'd like to be prepared and have no idea what this is or what to expect. Any ideas? Thanks.
              Learn how to do your homework on all phases of the testing process.

http://psspc.net/index.html

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I did a google search and even emailed the company to ask what it entailed BEFORE I posted here but they never got back to me. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything back from Olympia? It sounded like if you were moving on you would be contacted this week.

Comment

More then likely an Internet search using one of the paid sites which can bring up

They might also call some of the references

Crimminal history
                    Property owned
                    Vehicles
                    Outstanding warrants
                    Friends
                    Places lived

Relatives
                    Drivers license
                    Civil proceedings
                    Financial standing

Some of the sites are not always accurate or see everything
                    Last edited by fire49; 11-25-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Did anyone else receive an email today from Bates College regarding moving forward with Olympia Fire?

Comment

Nomex82,

I tested with Oly, but did not receive an email. Congratulations to you for moving on. Any idea how many or when your interview will be? Did you email include scores??

Comment

Have not heard anything

Nomex, what did your e-mail say? Also are you a medic or basic? I really have no idea how many medics vs basics they plan to pull. Thanks for your info. good luck with everything

Comment

Got the email today saying I am scheduled for the CPAT even tough I attached a valid one with my application. A friend who took the same CPAT recieved an email stating his scores have been forwarded and he will be contacted by Olympia. Stoked to move onto the next step.

Comment

GU Bulldog,

Congrats on moving forward! Thats strange they scheduled you for a CPAT even though you already took it... Well good luck with the rest of the process.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X