Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Boy
    replied
    Thankyou everyone for your imput. Godspeed.

Leave a comment:

• sweetpete
    replied
    Originally posted by Army Boy View Post
    Thanks Pete. The civil service commission is a little less then friendly when you call. It's almost like your call is a burden on them because they have to do something.
    No problem brother. I know, it's tough. And they act like they're doing YOU the favor. I miss living in the area, but I don't miss some of the politics.

Hang in there!! Good things come to those who wait.
    Pete

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Thanks Pete. The civil service commission is a little less then friendly when you call. It's almost like your call is a burden on them because they have to do something.
    I would send them a written letter via registered mail with a return receipt, asking all of these questions, with **notarized** photocopies of your forms enclosed.

Leave a comment:

• Army Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetpete View Post
    Check with Cleveland's Civil service commission. They should be able to answer your questions. I think you can e-mail them or call them. They should have their info on their website. I don't recall it off-hand, but I know you can "google" it and it's pretty easy to navigate.

Best wishes,
    Pete

Leave a comment:

• sweetpete
    replied
    Check with Cleveland's Civil service commission. They should be able to answer your questions. I think you can e-mail them or call them. They should have their info on their website. I don't recall it off-hand, but I know you can "google" it and it's pretty easy to navigate.

Best wishes,
    Pete

Leave a comment:

• Army Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by adam015 View Post
    It depends on the department if they offer the 5 extra points. You will have to provide a DD214 member 4 copy to get the points.

Hope this helps

Adam
    Thanks for the reply. I already got 5 for being a Vet. However, if you are a disabled Vet you get 5 more. It took 10 months for my claim to go through.

Leave a comment:

• adam015
    replied
    When I signed up to take Cleveland's test I did not have my VA disability rating at that time. I have it now and rankings have not been given because there are still people taking the PAT. Does/should civil service honor that and give me the extra 5 points? Its not like I'm trying to get over and claim residency points. These are points that I earned. Any imput would be helpful. Thanks
    It depends on the department if they offer the 5 extra points. You will have to provide a DD214 member 4 copy to get the points.

Hope this helps

Adam

Leave a comment:

• Army Boy
    started a topic Veterans Points

Veterans Points

When I signed up to take Cleveland's test I did not have my VA disability rating at that time. I have it now and rankings have not been given because there are still people taking the PAT. Does/should civil service honor that and give me the extra 5 points? Its not like I'm trying to get over and claim residency points. These are points that I earned. Any imput would be helpful. Thanks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X