Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veterans Points

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Veterans Points

    When I signed up to take Cleveland's test I did not have my VA disability rating at that time. I have it now and rankings have not been given because there are still people taking the PAT. Does/should civil service honor that and give me the extra 5 points? Its not like I'm trying to get over and claim residency points. These are points that I earned. Any imput would be helpful. Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by Army Boy View Post
    When I signed up to take Cleveland's test I did not have my VA disability rating at that time. I have it now and rankings have not been given because there are still people taking the PAT. Does/should civil service honor that and give me the extra 5 points? Its not like I'm trying to get over and claim residency points. These are points that I earned. Any imput would be helpful. Thanks
    It depends on the department if they offer the 5 extra points. You will have to provide a DD214 member 4 copy to get the points.

    Hope this helps

    Adam
    *Always leave the job a little better for the next guy*

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by adam015 View Post
      It depends on the department if they offer the 5 extra points. You will have to provide a DD214 member 4 copy to get the points.

      Hope this helps

      Adam
      Thanks for the reply. I already got 5 for being a Vet. However, if you are a disabled Vet you get 5 more. It took 10 months for my claim to go through.

      Comment


      • #4
        Check with Cleveland's Civil service commission. They should be able to answer your questions. I think you can e-mail them or call them. They should have their info on their website. I don't recall it off-hand, but I know you can "google" it and it's pretty easy to navigate.

        Best wishes,
        Pete

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sweetpete View Post
          Check with Cleveland's Civil service commission. They should be able to answer your questions. I think you can e-mail them or call them. They should have their info on their website. I don't recall it off-hand, but I know you can "google" it and it's pretty easy to navigate.

          Best wishes,
          Pete
          Thanks Pete. The civil service commission is a little less then friendly when you call. It's almost like your call is a burden on them because they have to do something.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Army Boy View Post
            Thanks Pete. The civil service commission is a little less then friendly when you call. It's almost like your call is a burden on them because they have to do something.
            I would send them a written letter via registered mail with a return receipt, asking all of these questions, with **notarized** photocopies of your forms enclosed.
            "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Army Boy View Post
              Thanks Pete. The civil service commission is a little less then friendly when you call. It's almost like your call is a burden on them because they have to do something.
              No problem brother. I know, it's tough. And they act like they're doing YOU the favor. I miss living in the area, but I don't miss some of the politics.

              Hang in there!! Good things come to those who wait.
              Pete

              Comment


              • #8
                Thankyou everyone for your imput. Godspeed.

                Comment

                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                Collapse

                Upper 300x250

                Collapse

                Taboola

                Collapse

                Leader

                Collapse
                Working...
                X