City of Sacramento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Sacramento

The City of Sacramento is seeking applicants for the positions of Fire Recruit (Entry Level) and Firefighter Lateral.

The closing date for applications for the position of Fire Recruit is 11/19/10. Firelighter Lateral is currently a continuous recruitment.

The tentative written test date is in December of 2010. Best of luck to all who apply.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sac...FwddxPacket%3E

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sac...FwddxPacket%3E

I applied for the Fire Recruit position. I have heard that their going to use CPS for the written exam. Not a fan of the CPS or CWH written exams. Will see how it goes. Anyone know how many they plan to hire?

Comment

Test

No idea how many they are looking to hire. I just took a cps written exam and it was pretty tough, i think practice is key for those kinds of tests.

Comment

CPS Tests

FYI, if you don't already know. I believe there are around 5 different CPS tests. I have taken 3 CPS test this year and 2 of them were the same test. The Alameda CPS test was different and seemed a lot more difficult. The other 2 tests didn't have an oral listening portion. I think that part of the test is going to make or break a lot of people.

Comment

Does anyone know if they accept seasonal experience to qualify for the lateral position?

Comment

I think the best way to prepare for the CPS tests is to pick up a study guide from Borders and go through it as much as possible. I can't remember the exact study guide I picked up for the Alameda exam, but I think the publisher was either Barron's or McGraw Hill. The Alameda exam took me a lot longer than some of the other CPS tests I've taken in the past. I'm curious to hear how everyone did.

As far as your question Shorthaul... They are looking for two years full time paid experience so I don't believe they'd count seasonal experience, but it's worth a shot. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken...

Comment

Thanks Pikeman for the heads up!!!

Comment

Thanks for the notification, forwarding this to my budy out there now.
                Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Comment

Does anyone know if its possible to get old copies of CPS exams?

Comment

Just to reiterate, I had heard that they are going to use CPS for their written exam. But I am not positive on that.

Comment

I received an email with my test date and time for the written exam. Does anyone have any further info regarding the CPS exam? Thanks.

Comment

I also applied for the fire recruit position, and I just got my confirmation email. I got the notice last month because a friend who works for Sac Fire forwarded me the internal memo. They are hoping to recruit people who have gone to the regional fire academy in Sacramento and/or have done their paramedic internship with them. They are hoping to hire 48-60 firefighters to put through a short, department specific academy, not the full academy. I believe its supposed to be a CPS test, should be similar to the one they used two years ago.

Comment

Any idea what is going on with the Firefighter/ Paramedic laterals, if this testing relates to those applicants at all? I accidentally applied for recruit as well, so I received an email today also. The hr guy stated when they get enough applicants, they will let me know. Do they have a hard time getting qualified medics?

Comment

I also received my notice today. My test time is at 6pm, anyone else get a late test time?

Comment

Originally posted by amtresidder View Post
                              I also applied for the fire recruit position, and I just got my confirmation email. I got the notice last month because a friend who works for Sac Fire forwarded me the internal memo. They are hoping to recruit people who have gone to the regional fire academy in Sacramento and/or have done their paramedic internship with them. They are hoping to hire 48-60 firefighters to put through a short, department specific academy, not the full academy. I believe its supposed to be a CPS test, should be similar to the one they used two years ago.
                              if thats the case why bother having an open recruitment

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X