Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TxtriCert
    replied
    I see this thread is a little dated, I was just wondering what there upcoming general knowledge test consists of? Is it reading, math, etc?

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    Cannot help dfw hr , if they put out wrong information
    On thier own web site

Job Description
    Job Title:
    Firefighter
    Job ID:

Regular/Temporary:
    Regular

Return to Previous Page
    How To Apply
    Click Apply Now. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questionnaire, and click Submit.
    Qualifications
    GENERAL SUMMARY******************************************* Salary: $46,574

Under general supervision, performs duties in the Fire Services area of assignment.* Personnel will receive on-the-job training in additional specialized areas in which certification is sought.* Work is reviewed by observation, evaluation, reports and public comment.* Become familiar with the basics of the DFW Airport's Environmental Management System & Environmental Policy and implement Best Management & Good Housekeeping Practices.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

FIRE RECRUIT:
    - At least twenty-one (21) years of age at date of application.
    - Citizen of the United States of America.
    - Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
    - Completion of 30 hours of college at an accredited institution.
    - College requirement may be substituted by two (2) years of military service in the United States Army, Air Force, Navy, or Marines with honorable discharge.
    - Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.

FIREFIGHTER:
    - At least twenty-one (21) years of age at date of application.
    - Citizen of the United States of America.
    - Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
    - Completion of 30 hours of college at an accredited institution.
    - College requirement may be substituted by either of the following:
    a) Two (2) years of military service in the United States Army, Air Force, Navy, or Marines.
    b) Two (2) years of paid experience as a Fire Fighter.
    - Possession of a Texas State certification in basic structural fire fighting as prescribed by the Texas Fire Commission.
    - Possession of a Texas Department of State Health Services certification for Emergency Medical Technician.
    - Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.

REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
    -Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the assigned area.
    -Skill in use of assigned equipment.
    -Ability to follow oral and written instructions quickly and accurately.
    -Ability to meet physical requirements prescribed by the Department of Public Safety Department.
    -Ability to attain an acceptable score on a truth and integrity examination.
    -Ability to pass a background investigation.
    -Ability to successfully complete a psychological examination.
    -Ability to successfully complete a medical examination
    -Ability to operate a personal computer.
    -Ability to evaluate immediate life-threatening situations and make quick decisions for stabilization of an incident.
    -Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to changing conditions, situations and pressures.
    -Ability to work in confined spaces, at heights greater than ten (10) feet, in extreme temperatures and weather conditions, and for long periods of time requiring sustained physical activity and intense concentration.
    -Ability to perform duties requiring frequent pulling of 55 pounds or more sometimes for long distances.
    -Ability to perform work while lifting arms above shoulder level.
    -Ability to use self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing.
    -Ability to interact cooperatively and harmoniously with personnel in his/her assigned station, Department of Public Safety, other Board departments, and the public.
    -Ability to attend continuing education classes to assure minimal standards are met as outlined by the Texas Fire Commission and the Texas Department of Health.
    -Ability to read, write and speak English in a manner which is understandable/discernable to others in the current work force.
    -Ability to complete written reports accurately.
    -Ability to work various shifts.
    -Ability to conform to Department standards.
    -Ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) within thirty (30) days of the date of employment and maintain qualification for the SIDA badge upon each renewal.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENT(S)
    -This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in the Drug and Alcohol Screening section of the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Policies Manual.* Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug screening test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
    -Possession of, or the ability to complete the requirements for a Texas State certification in aircraft rescue fire fighting as prescribed by the Texas Fire Commission.
    -Assignment to the Fire Prevention and Planning Division as an Inspector requires the possession of, or the ability to complete the requirements for, the Texas Commission on Fire Protection certification for Fire Inspector, Fire Investigator and/or, Arson Investigator.

hommmmmmmmm seems like similar link::

Here is a link to the DFW Airport DPS employment page:

http://www.dfwairport.com/careers/dps.php

https://extapps.dfwairport.com/careers/dps.php

Last edited by fire49; 06-03-2011, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pewter98
    replied
    Originally posted by fire49 View Post

GENERAL SUMMARY******************************************* Salary: $46,113
    Wrong yet again! Your google search skills aren't that useful if you can't put the correct info on here. I wonder what is in your background thats keeping you from actually trying to become a firefighter instead of flooding these forums with incorrect information

Leave a comment:

• pewter98
    replied
    Originally posted by senatobiafire View Post
    Are they actively hiring? The job list shows it was posted in June 2010.
    Yes they are actively hiring. DFW Airport Fire Rescue usually conducts anywhere from 1-4 written test/P.A.T. over the course of each year, depending on the need to fill positions. Your best bet is to contact DFW Airport's Human Resources depart But you have to remember that the entire hiring process can take up to/over 1 year, not including almost another year in academys/schools to get your EMT-Basic, Basic Fire Academy, and Basic ARFF if you do not have any of those required certs.

It's funny how a lot of people that I've talked to who are thinking about become a firefighter think the hiring process for a career firefighter only takes a fews days-weeks! Most of them are automatically turned off when I tell them it may take months to even get to the chief's interview!
    Last edited by pewter98; 05-09-2011, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• senatobiafire
    replied
    Are they actively hiring? The job list shows it was posted in June 2010.

Leave a comment:

• pewter98
    replied
    Originally posted by Airlinepilot2FF View Post
    Thanks for the detailed info that explains it much better then the short caveat listed in the above link
    Your welcome. I'm glad to share the correct information so people actually can have the truth instead of relying on other post by people who don't have a clue about what they are posting!

Leave a comment:

• Airlinepilot2FF
    replied
    Thanks for the detailed info that explains it much better then the short caveat listed in the above link

Leave a comment:

• pewter98
    replied
    Thanks! Sorry I saw that right after I posted. Do you know if DFW pays to train FF to be medics? Or is ems handle by a third party at the airport
    The EMS Division falls under the Fire Rescue Division, but they are on their own in many ways. The EMS Dvision is based out of fire station 5, in the central portion of the airport. All the boxes respond from station 5 and are on the same 24 on / 48 off schedule as the rest of Fire Rescue. There is talk about putting another box at the new fire station 6 when it opens this summer, but nothing is certain. DFW Airport Fire Rescue does not run ALS engines, quints, or trucks, but they do respond to EMS calls along with an ALS box because they can usually beat the box to the call from their respected fire stations. Medics in the EMS Dvision do not rotate onto an engine, quint, truck, or ARFF Striker 4500 vehicles. They are only on a box.

DFW Fire Rescue will send a new hire to medic school, but only after they have gone through or already gone through EMT-Basic school, Basic Fire Academy, and Basic Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) Academy. The EMS division still trains with the rest of Fire Rescue Division during live fire/ARFF drills, hangs out with us in all the stations from time to time, and are a great group of people! They are some of the best Medics out there!
    Last edited by pewter98; 05-06-2011, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gambit7
    replied
    Thanks! Sorry I saw that right after I posted. Do you know if DFW pays to train FF to be medics? Or is ems handle by a third party at the airport
    http://dfwairport.com/dps/divisions/fire.php?t=2

Leave a comment:

• Airlinepilot2FF
    replied
    Originally posted by fire49 View Post

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Airlinepilot2FF
    replied
    Any idea what one could expect for a salary range the first few years

Leave a comment:

• Gambit7
    replied
    Just applied last night. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• pewter98
    replied
    Originally posted by wanabfire View Post
    I applied back in January , and have a recommendation from a friend who is currently employed there. I felt pretty confident until an acquaintance said they took there written test there 3 weeks ago. Now I'm pretty discouraged. Do u know if they do massive exams like the other departments or if they do them individually? That's truly where I want to work, I don't care if it takes a year I can be patient I'm just worried since my friend said he tested if maybe my application was thrown out or I am not what they were looking for. What do you think.
    I have been an airline pilot for a major carrier the past ten years. I also am trying to get on with DFW fire since I have spent my entire career at airports and dealing with ARFF from a pilots stand point. Good luck to you, they seem to be a great dept to work for. I also have a rec from the airport's director of ops but have not heard anything, of course my app has only been in for 2 days.
    It seems like DFW Airport FR hold several test a year for new fire recruits, it just depends on how many positions need to be filled. In order to be selected to take the test, your initial online application must first be reviewed. Once it has been reviewed and you meet the requirements, you will be contacted by DFW Airport's HR department and they will schedule your test. Both the written exam and P.A.T. are usually held on the same day. The best advice I can give you is that if you have not heard back about your application after several weeks/months, I would call DFW Airport's HR department and ask them about the status of your application. Applications can be misplaced during the process, as was the case with mine. But you have to remember that the entire hiring process can take up to a year before your scheduled for your interview.

Good luck to anyone applying!!

Leave a comment:

• Airlinepilot2FF
    replied
    I have been an airline pilot for a major carrier the past ten years. I also am trying to get on with DFW fire since I have spent my entire career at airports and dealing with ARFF from a pilots stand point. Good luck to you, they seem to be a great dept to work for. I also have a rec from the airport's director of ops but have not heard anything, of course my app has only been in for 2 days.
    Last edited by Airlinepilot2FF; 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X