No announcement yet.

Contra Costa County F.D.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just talked to the human resourses people and they said the results will be out 6-8 weeks after the written, but they thought they should have had them by now and don't. It is an outside agency the handles that and they are expecting them any time now.
    Good Luck, Capt Rob
    www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Another 2 weeks... I wonder why the results are being postponed...

Comment

Hey, scores are out! Should all be out by Friday. Interviews for band a only, and unscored per ccc hr. I don't know how many openings they'll have after sj and stockton laterals, and if it'll be emt or medic? But any progress is great.

Comment

Well, I'm already out here in Texas and there is no way I'm coming back to California, so you don't hafta worry about me, and I made the A band with a 93. Good luck to ya'll, the competition is way to stiff out in California.

Comment

what is the significance of unscored interviews, and what does that even mean? Pass/Fail only? Good luck to all moving on

Comment

An unscored interview, using bands A, B, C instead, allows a department to hire anyone in that band. There may be departments that have a directive or legal requirement to hire from certain protected classes to properly balance the department to reflect the area and community they serve.

Years ago a civil service process that was used in hiring, to hire protected classes was called reaching down. They would hire numbers 1 through 12 and then number 103, 214, 305, to balance the hiring. Even though this is required, it doesn’t look right to the public as well as to those testing. So now you will see more of the bands, or pools used in the hiring process.

Similarly, most departments have your ranking fall away when you go to a chief’s interview. If you are number 1 going into a chief’ with 30 people, you are no longer number one, just a member of a pool of 30. It’s a good thing if you are number 30, but keeps you on your game if you are number one.

We are trying to have another hiring right now, but it looks like it is again going to be from the laid-off firefighter list. Not to worry though, it looks like we will have a lot more people leaving, and because we took a "Safety grant" we have to keep our staffing a full level.
              Good Luck, Capt Rob
              www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Any word on numbers? As in how many are in "A" band, how many are being hired, when the interviews could be? Thanks for the explanation as well, and any other info you have!

Comment

I have no ideas about numbers, in the past band “A” has been around 100 people, but that means nothing. If the chief gets permission to hire again now it will probably be about 20-25. That will bring us up to full staffing. We are not going to brown out any more stations, one crew at station one was shut down a few months ago, until the first of the year, if at all.

We gave up two 2-1/2% raises and are giving back 5% on Jan 1. So there are a lot of people that have had their high year for a while, and will most likely leave before then. You may see a group leave right after Thanksgiving, and another group leave the last day of March `12.
                  Good Luck, Capt Rob
                  www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

So just to clarify, will there be only hiring from the Band A group? Or will the the chief have rule of the list for Band A, B, C?

Comment

Only a few times have they gone to band "B", never "C". Two tests ago, for medic, we went to band "B" and anyone that passed the National Registry based test for medic, in band A or B, would have had a job. We ended up with 23 out of over 150 people, learn to take a test people!
                      Good Luck, Capt Rob
                      www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Look for some people moving on in the process in the next month or so.
                        Good Luck, Capt Rob
                        www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Originally posted by FFighterRob View Post
                          Look for some people moving on in the process in the next month or so.
                          That's great news, thanks! Are you privy to whether it'll be the emt or medic list?

Comment

I received a notice that an interview date is forthcoming. Good times.

Comment

I recieved the same notice yesterday!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...