• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call CCC H.R. (925)-335-1701, ASAP
    Good Luck, Capt Rob
    www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Called HR, and she said that the fire/medic testing is the same as lateral. Then she said they had 3000 apps, and unsure of any further testing.

Update: They are doing interviews, but it is from the state layoff list. Out of staters are not considered at this point.
      Last edited by big_leauges; 11-29-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Hmmmmm. I know a still employed FF taking an oral this round.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
        http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Hey I'm a laid off firefighter, so I am very impressed Cal has a list for laid off guys. But sadly, that is what they told me.

Comment

written exam

I got an email saying I would get further information ten days before the written test... Did anyone else get a similar email?

Comment

Just called HR. They said "We are currently going through an appeal process, and you will be notified of your test appointment by mail or email." So basically, she said "Hold your Horses!" This was for entry level ff, not lateral.

Comment

Heard on the local news that Station 1 in Walnut Creek will cut 1 of its 2 engines, resulting in 3 less firefighters at that station.

Chief Daryl Louder is looking at the possibility of closing 8 stations throughout the district. The district currently has 30 stations.

The district has to close a $12 million deficit. No huge cuts will be made until a parcel tax is voted on in June.

It doesn't look so good for those looking for the chance to get hired with Contra Costa County.

Comment

Originally posted by allisonfire View Post
                  I got an email saying I would get further information ten days before the written test... Did anyone else get a similar email?
                  I got the same email. Do you know what kind of written test? Thanks and goodluck...
                  Last edited by tahoejay1; 12-17-2010, 11:20 PM. Reason: just adding

Comment

anyone heard anything yet?

Comment

What's up with the test? Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

As far as I know they have interviewed the people on the “laid off” list and are looking to hire from that initially. We are down over 30 people and are looking to hire a class of 22. If we can get a “Safety Grant” we may hire all 30 we sent for background checks.

I think we are short a total of 42, and will lose another bunch in March and will still need another class even if we do hire all 30. I don’t know if they will be looking for EMT’s or Medics, but we will probably be going to the list from the test we are now giving.

We have closed engine 1 at station1 in Walnut Creek. If we don't get other funding we will have to close more stations.
                        Good Luck, Capt Rob
                        www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Just received notification for the test on Feb 26. Anyone have any idea which test they are going to use?

Comment

Rumor is it won't be FireTeam Testing this time becasue it costs the county too much $$$.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
                            http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Got mine on Friday the 25th. I really hope they hire off this...Would love to be in CCCO.

Comment

Anybody know a good website to prepare for this COCO test or advice on what I should be concentrating on. This is what the job bulletin states the written will cover. It is pretty generic:

"Written Examination: A multiple choice written examination will be administered to all accepted applicants. The test is designed to measure each candidate’s ability to understand written and oral information, mathematical ability, mechanical ability, teamwork, public relations and community living. Candidates must achieve a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, to continue in the examination process(Weighted 60%)

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...