Alameda County Fire Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alameda County Fire Department

Anyone taking the test for Alameda on the 12th? Anyone have info about how many they are looking to hire?

ALCO usually doesn't give a written. But since they received 1,600 apps they are this time. In the past ALCO has hired from their reserves and medics.

They will also be interviewing for reserves in the near future.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
    http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

From Deputy Chief Ops./HR: 1800 Apps. 760 made it through to the test. Hiring 9-15 FFs. 50 Reserves. I'm thinking Captain Bob is right. Hiring will come from reserves.

Comment

Reserves

If hiring will come from reserves, why do they put on a test at all? Just wondering.

Comment

Testing outcome

Does anyone know how many different tests were put on? Has anyone heard back about the written?

Comment

written test

They said everybody would get the results in approx. 2 weeks.

Comment

Alameda

Just got a letter in the mail. I barely passed the test. Interview on the 7th of December. I cant believe it!

Comment

Anyone else get a letter? How many are moving on? Anyone have any info?

Comment

Have an oral on the 8th.
                  If anyone from Southern California wants to car pool up there let me know.
                  I'll probably leave early on the 8th and come back straight after my oral, which is at 4, so I can make it to work on time on the 9th....
                  Good luck to everyone testing up there.

Comment

My letter came in the mail yesterday.
                    Have an oral on the 8th at 4pm.
                    If anyone from Southern California wants to ride up, let me know. I have a car. Just split gas (40 bucks give or take). I am going to leave early on the 8th and come back right after my interview in order to be at work on time the next morning.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

EMS Assessment

Anyone know anything about the EMS Assessment and what it entails? Anyone ever done one as part of a hiring process?

Comment

Chiefs oral invitations are out to 56 candidates in January.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
                          http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Chiefs

Yes, there will be an ems assessment and then a chiefs!

Comment

Accepted to take EMS 1/5 and Oral with Chief 1/10!!!

I barely made the cut with a 93% on the panel oral... For some reason I didn't feel like I did as well as I could have but at least Im moving forward. Not sure where I rank on "The List" but there are still many miles left to go on this journey and I will continue to do my best. Does anyone have any information about "The List" and where everyone ranked? I've heard that 54 are moving forward and I remember from orientation that they will be taking 24 to the academy. This department is a career department for sure and an awesome opportunity, Good Luck to everyone!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X