Seattle 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No dice here. Still just says "application received."

I'd be shocked if I move on, I just didn't hit the points well enough.

Comment

• Don't read into anything too much yet guys. I'm sure if you see you're scheduled for a second interview, you're fine. But after the test, my clearance for interview #1 didn't show up for a about a day after some guys were talking about their interview times. I'm stoked - May 14.

Comment

• Unbelievable.

I'm in.

Comment

• does anybody know how many people are moving forward to the 2nd oral interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by cb3 View Post
            does anybody know how many people are moving forward to the 2nd oral interview?
            well with about 2100 or so on the first oral board and only needing a 71 on oral board #1 to pass I would say atleast 1400 but will know more once they get closer.....

Comment

• I don't have a definitive answer, but for some reason I remember hearing/reading that they were taking the top 25% from each stage. So out of 8300 testers (not all showed), they took the top 25% to the first oral. Then they are doing the same thing here. If there were 2100 first orals, then that would be 525 (give or take) second orals...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was stated somewhere (job announcement maybe, at the test?).

Comment

• If you passed the test, you went to the first oral board they dont do top 25 percent to move on. If you read the email, it says passing score for the first oral board is 71% , so if you had a score higher than that you move on. NO 25% percent move on, now that could be different once they have a final list in July.

Comment

• Isn't it possible that the passing score is 71% because 25% of those interviewed received a score higher than 71? I'm not saying I know the answer, I'm just going off what I heard.

Comment

• Does the final list on 1 July include the top 25% after, (Personal History Questionnaire Session, Background check, Employment Interview and CPAT)?

Comment

• I believe the answer is somewhere in between.

Based on my experience with similar hiring practices, I think they'd like to interview a certain number of candidates for oral board number two. Whether this is a percentage of the original amount, or a percentage of the oral board #1 candidates, I don't know. But to hit that number, they adjust the passing score. Obviously the lower it goes, the more candidates move on.

I've seen other departments say something like "We want to interview 70 people." Accordingly, they take the top 70 scores.

Comment

• Special request to thread participants: Please......Could only people that actually KNOW the answers to these questions answer them? SPECULATION just clutters up the board with stuff, and makes it harder to find the correct answers.

There are actually some real SFD FFs on this thread. And there are other people that talk to the real SFD FFs. Please give them a chance to respond to the legitimate questions. ALSO, NOTE THAT THEY NEVER SPECULATE (but they do estimate). There is a big difference.

btw, I heard from a good friend, fully employed as EMT for a local ambulance company for the last two years, who got a 70 and did not pass Oral Board #1 and is now out of the process. SFD does provide the Oral Board score to those that do not pass.

Also: from this thread 3 weeks ago:

"Discussions w/ a FF at one of the oral board seminars gave me the following estimates:
                        4,500 - Initial Applicants
                        3,200 - Applicants took the written test
                        2,200 - Applicants who passed the test, and scheduled for 1st oral board" --Pasha6568

Also:

In page one of this thread a comment by "CFDRes" answers the 25% question posed above. If you've got other questions, please re-read the entire thread before asking. It may already have been answered.

Thx. Will accept shout downs now.
                        Last edited by Pasha6568; 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Well... It's the end of the line for me. The email I received stated that the passing score was a 71.00. Good luck to those of you who moved on. For myself, it's on to the next one. Maybe I'll see some of you in Phoenix. Again, Congrats!

Comment

• Thanks for your contribution to the thread nnfra. Will miss you, but will see you again I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by nnfra200302 View Post
                              Well... It's the end of the line for me. The email I received stated that the passing score was a 71.00. Good luck to those of you who moved on. For myself, it's on to the next one. Maybe I'll see some of you in Phoenix. Again, Congrats!
                              Sorry nnfra

Don't lose hope. Keep trying. When you do get hired, it will be worth it.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the positive input. Am definitely going to keep my head up, and continue to move forward. Any of you guys testing for Portland?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X