No announcement yet.

PHX SAFER Grant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they received a second SAFER grant something along the lines of 6.8mil...

Comment

I believe the rule is that an academy must start within 90 days of the grant's approval, which is why the current academy started so fast. However, I've also heard it can be extended under certain circumstances, and the city may be trying to do that.

Either way there will be a new written test, and even if the academy starts a year from now, I would imagine the testing process will begin sooner than later. RUMOR is there will be around 40 hired... just what I've heard, you know how that goes.

Comment

I spoke with some friends who are with PFD and they said that the rumor is they're writing the test right now. If this is true, then it could be around 6 months or longer. The test has to get reviewed, approved, and certified before it can be given.

Comment

I was told today that they will be testing in May and having an Academy in Sept.

Comment

I heard that too. I heard May for the testing and October for the academy and are looking to hire 42 recruits. They'll probably have 4,000 taking the test and will probably interview the top 400.

Comment

I heard some more information this weekend on a ride along with some friends. The grant they got is to hire 42 and they have 7 red shirts. So, technically they're hiring 35 for the academy and they'll hire another 7 red shirts who will work for the department and have seniority for the next academy. The scary part about the hiring process is, the class that is going through right now from the last SAFER grant the city got, had to sign forms saying their job isn't gauranteed after the funding for the two years is up. The city got the grant, because another city that originally got it, gave it back because they don't have the funding to pay for the new recruits after the two years of funding is spent. That's probably what's going to happen with this next recruit class also. Alot of senior guys in Phoenix don't want to take any more cuts or days off to make up for the wages of the new recruits. Sure hope the economy and state take a turn for the better in the next couple of years.

Comment

PHX saffer grant.

So applications opened today and i was wondering how long if the safer grant for? cites around me have received, which provides for two years staffing levels and there is no way the city can afford to keep the guys after that money runs out. I was wondering if this was going to be the case in Phx.

thanks
                stay safe.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...