X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paola
    replied
    Calls have been made

Ya, bad news. I called on Tuesday for an update and was told that they were held up with HR and still hadn't made any calls. They said to call for an update on Friday if I hadn't heard anything.

On Friday afternoon, I was told that those chosen had been informed via phone call. The rest of us just get to wait for an email or letter letting us know that we didn't make the cut.

No letter or email yet.

Leave a comment:

• Butler1215
    replied
    Any news???

Hey so they said that over 800 applied but through the aptitude and physical test they narrowed it down to 136 people who got interviewed. has anyone heard anything since then?

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    I'm out of state, but from what I read it's not going to be worth my while (and money) to make the trip. Especially without an EMT-B/P.

Leave a comment:

• MontvilleFire39
    replied
    If anybody is coming from out of state shoot me an email. I was in your boat a few years ago and believe me it is a daunting process. If you would like a rundown on the area or need any further help let me know. Im not with the county but have several friends on with the county.

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• TNFF319
    replied
    Originally posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post
    Every hiring process is inside and political to a point. As far as the academy goes I don't know. The last time they hired a large group it was when they first hired paramedics and they were from Memphis Fire. Up until a few years ago SCFD used MFD's academy for recruits so the MFD guys went through an abbreviated academy.
    I didn't say just Memphis medics applied. Why wouldn't you apply for a chance to get off the unit? I never said not to give up on testing. I talked to some county guys who told me MFD guys would get preference. The county would save money if they hired all trained recruits. The new hires wouldn't have a large academy cost and they would quickly be FTO ready. Saving money is the name of the game.

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    Every hiring process is inside and political to a point. As far as the academy goes I don't know. The last time they hired a large group it was when they first hired paramedics and they were from Memphis Fire. Up until a few years ago SCFD used MFD's academy for recruits so the MFD guys went through an abbreviated academy.
    Well how about when all the MFD guys go to SCFD, you let me know! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• MontvilleFire39
    replied
    Originally posted by BennyT373 View Post
    I surely hope this isn't some inside political hiring process. I would really hate to fly or drive 14 hours only to waste my time...

And would SCFD take people with certs and not put them through the entire academy?

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    I surely hope this isn't some inside political hiring process. I would really hate to fly or drive 14 hours only to waste my time...

And would SCFD take people with certs and not put them through the entire academy?

Leave a comment:

• MontvilleFire39
    replied
    Originally posted by breese2 View Post
    Why are all these Memphis guys supposedly leaving?
    I don't believe they are.

From my discussions with the county guys the slight advantage a Memphis guy would have is the fact he or she wouldn't need to go through a full academy. I don't believe they will be hiring exclusively or even majority Mempho guys. Will there be some MFD guys testing? Sure. Will it be anywhere near 100? probably not. Memphis is not the greatest place to work but I have a hard time believing that nearly 1/3rd of our field medics signed up for a pay cut. I definetly wouldn't let TNFF319s statements disuade me from pursuing this job.

I could be wrong and may prove to be, Im just saying that I believe TNFF319s statements are a little exagerated (sp?).

Good luck to those going forward with the process, SCFD is a solid department with some good guys.
    Last edited by MontvilleFire39; 10-18-2010, 12:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TNFF319
    replied
    Don't believe everything you hear...
    What souldn't I believe?

Originally posted by breese2 View Post
    Some would like to get off the unit. Some want to get out of the city.

Leave a comment:

• breese2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MontvilleFire39
    replied
    Originally posted by TNFF319 View Post
    Yup. MFD guys are leaving for Nashville and the County. It will open up spots.
    Don't believe everything you hear...

Leave a comment:

• TNFF319
    replied
    Yup. MFD guys are leaving for Nashville and the County. It will open up spots.

Leave a comment:

• big_leauges
    replied
    but good for guys on memphis waiting list

Leave a comment:

• TNFF319
    replied
    Word is the county wants MFD guys and over 100 of them applied. It doesn't look good for non-Memphis fire applicants.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X