Shelby County, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post
    Every hiring process is inside and political to a point. As far as the academy goes I don't know. The last time they hired a large group it was when they first hired paramedics and they were from Memphis Fire. Up until a few years ago SCFD used MFD's academy for recruits so the MFD guys went through an abbreviated academy.
    I didn't say just Memphis medics applied. Why wouldn't you apply for a chance to get off the unit? I never said not to give up on testing. I talked to some county guys who told me MFD guys would get preference. The county would save money if they hired all trained recruits. The new hires wouldn't have a large academy cost and they would quickly be FTO ready. Saving money is the name of the game.
    FF/Paramedic

Comment

If anybody is coming from out of state shoot me an email. I was in your boat a few years ago and believe me it is a daunting process. If you would like a rundown on the area or need any further help let me know. Im not with the county but have several friends on with the county.

[email protected]
      FTM-PTB

Comment

I'm out of state, but from what I read it's not going to be worth my while (and money) to make the trip. Especially without an EMT-B/P.

Comment

Any news???

Hey so they said that over 800 applied but through the aptitude and physical test they narrowed it down to 136 people who got interviewed. has anyone heard anything since then?

Comment

Calls have been made

Ya, bad news. I called on Tuesday for an update and was told that they were held up with HR and still hadn't made any calls. They said to call for an update on Friday if I hadn't heard anything.

On Friday afternoon, I was told that those chosen had been informed via phone call. The rest of us just get to wait for an email or letter letting us know that we didn't make the cut.

No letter or email yet.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X