Clear All

• Shelby County, TN

Did anyone else apply?

Yup, I haven't heard anything.
    FF/Paramedic

Comment

I got an email yesterday scheduling me for the written exam on Oct 27th

Comment

Yup, I got one last night. Do you know how many people applied? I heard they were mostly looking for Memphis guys who wanted to transfer over.
        FF/Paramedic

Comment

I have no idea... with the test being on a Wednesday I don't know if I'll even make it...seeing as how it's about a 12 hour drive for me. I would go if I knew few people applied, and/or if it was going to be a quick process

Comment

Word is the county wants MFD guys and over 100 of them applied. It doesn't look good for non-Memphis fire applicants.
            FF/Paramedic

Comment

but good for guys on memphis waiting list

Comment

Yup. MFD guys are leaving for Nashville and the County. It will open up spots.
                FF/Paramedic

Comment

Originally posted by TNFF319 View Post
                  Yup. MFD guys are leaving for Nashville and the County. It will open up spots.
                  Don't believe everything you hear...
                  FTM-PTB

Comment

Why are all these Memphis guys supposedly leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post
                      Don't believe everything you hear...
                      What souldn't I believe?

Originally posted by breese2 View Post
                      Some would like to get off the unit. Some want to get out of the city.
                      FF/Paramedic

Comment

Originally posted by breese2 View Post
                        I don't believe they are.

From my discussions with the county guys the slight advantage a Memphis guy would have is the fact he or she wouldn't need to go through a full academy. I don't believe they will be hiring exclusively or even majority Mempho guys. Will there be some MFD guys testing? Sure. Will it be anywhere near 100? probably not. Memphis is not the greatest place to work but I have a hard time believing that nearly 1/3rd of our field medics signed up for a pay cut. I definetly wouldn't let TNFF319s statements disuade me from pursuing this job.

I could be wrong and may prove to be, Im just saying that I believe TNFF319s statements are a little exagerated (sp?).

Good luck to those going forward with the process, SCFD is a solid department with some good guys.
                        Last edited by MontvilleFire39; 10-18-2010, 12:46 AM.
                        FTM-PTB

Comment

I surely hope this isn't some inside political hiring process. I would really hate to fly or drive 14 hours only to waste my time...

And would SCFD take people with certs and not put them through the entire academy?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyT373 View Post
                            I surely hope this isn't some inside political hiring process. I would really hate to fly or drive 14 hours only to waste my time...

And would SCFD take people with certs and not put them through the entire academy?
                            Every hiring process is inside and political to a point. As far as the academy goes I don't know. The last time they hired a large group it was when they first hired paramedics and they were from Memphis Fire. Up until a few years ago SCFD used MFD's academy for recruits so the MFD guys went through an abbreviated academy.
                            FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post
                              Every hiring process is inside and political to a point. As far as the academy goes I don't know. The last time they hired a large group it was when they first hired paramedics and they were from Memphis Fire. Up until a few years ago SCFD used MFD's academy for recruits so the MFD guys went through an abbreviated academy.
                              Well how about when all the MFD guys go to SCFD, you let me know! hahaha

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X