No announcement yet.

Arlington, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same .... Assuming we will hear about interviews coming up after the 26th. Have you dropped by a station or do you know much about the panel interview. I have tested with other counties but never have done a panel.

Comment

• No, I haven't been around to a station unfortunately. Living out of state makes it difficult as well. This is would be my 1st interview for a department as well, so this is all a new experience for me as well.

If anyone who's gone through Arlington's interview process and wants to shed some light, please do so!

Comment

• Just got an e-mail with my interview time/date. They're really moving on the process.

Comment

• How soon is it after the CPAT? Just looking for a general timeline. Thanks!

Comment

• Got my e-mail as well... I have my interview in the end of March. Again if anyone has any advice to a first time panel intervieweeee that would be great.

I have come up with 30 mock questions and gone over my responses to these questions 100's of times. Done my research on the department and visited a station. Plan to dress professional and be clean shaven. This is the biggest interview of my life.... any other pointers would be great

TOOOO PUMPED!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DevelopmentHell View Post
              How soon is it after the CPAT? Just looking for a general timeline. Thanks!
              Mine's about 2 weeks after I took the CPAT.

As Jdobbs said, I'm working on all my responses to the normal questions asked. Clean shaven, showered, suit and tie, early, etc. will be obvious things I'll do. However, since I live far away, I haven't been able to get to a station, and not sure if I will be able to prior to my interview. I've done some research online about the department, and the area, which I will obviously be expanding on in the weeks to come, but if anyone can offer their firsthand experiences, it'd be much appreciated.

Anyone from the dept, or anyone who's been through the Arlington County process, please feel free to share your experiences!

Comment

• Originally posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
                Mine's about 2 weeks after I took the CPAT.

As Jdobbs said, I'm working on all my responses to the normal questions asked. Clean shaven, showered, suit and tie, early, etc. will be obvious things I'll do. However, since I live far away, I haven't been able to get to a station, and not sure if I will be able to prior to my interview. I've done some research online about the department, and the area, which I will obviously be expanding on in the weeks to come, but if anyone can offer their firsthand experiences, it'd be much appreciated.

Anyone from the dept, or anyone who's been through the Arlington County process, please feel free to share your experiences!
                If asked about EMS, your only answer should be YES. Especially if asked aboout getting an ALS cert. The department is heading that way. If offered a job, your contract will state that you will get it when asked and maintain it. Also think of an experience in which you were put in a difficult position and/or confrontation. Be able to explain how you resolved it, peacefully. Always look to answer with the key words and have examples ready: teamwork, willing to learn, hard worker, dealing with stress, professionalism, adapting, over came,etc. The better you can explain these in real life scenarios, the better off you you will be. But most importantly DO NOT LIE!

Comment

• going to first practice tonight finally could get out of work!! is anyone else goin!?

Comment

• I have heard many applicants are thrown out of the process during the psych evaluation. Anyone know what type of psych evaluation AC uses or what it involves? Hoping the interview goes well and want to prepare for the next step.... I have read there are resources you can buy.... Do these actually help?

Comment

• Did anyone else from out of state do their fingerprints, and how did you do it? I just saw it is due tommorrow, and I am slightly concerned. They approved my out of state cpat, and got interview date, but know I need to get fingerprints done.

Comment

• You need to go to a police department and get them done on an Federal (FBI) Card. Be sure to get a business card of the person administrating the fingerprints or a superior's business card.

Get it done ASAP and FedEx it OVERNIGHT.

Comment

• Q sent me back an email, saying I could bring it to my interview next week or send it to her as soon as I get it. I still have to take PWC test on saturday morn, so maybe I will try to get fingerprinting done in Arlington. If you take the CPAT there, do they fingerprint you after? Also, I called 4 local pd's who said they don't do that anymore, and the sheriff office told me there are too busy.

In TN, I did it before at a UPS. So I guess I am trying to see if I should just show up at the test site and ask?

Comment

• Nevermind I just sent the prints in

Comment

• Anyone on here on the job in Arlington?

Comment

• Originally posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
                                Anyone on here on the job in Arlington?
                                I was until last August.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader