Arlington, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    How does the actual CPAT work? I mean, do you have to sign up for a specific time? Or do you just show up at the facility at some point during the listed times, and get in a line to do the course?
    your letter should tell your test date...other departments that i did that with i would just show up and just take the test!

Comment

Originally posted by surferdude311 View Post
      your letter should tell your test date...other departments that i did that with i would just show up and just take the test!
      My letter doesn't say anything about a test date for the CPAT. It just says the next step is the CPAT, and the dates are on the website. Nothing about when I'm scheduled to take it.

Comment

My letter doesn't say anything about a test date for the CPAT. It just says the next step is the CPAT, and the dates are on the website. Nothing about when I'm scheduled to take it.
        my bad that was on another counties letter...just go by the dates they have on the website the 26th march...i would call just to make sure though.. and the practice runs if u pass those that can be used for your certificate!

Comment

Originally posted by surferdude311 View Post
          since i work everyday theres a practice wondering what it details..any info? do u warm up together as a group or do people just do what ever they want? is supervised etc?
          They have a FF fitness trainer at each of the stations. You warm up on your own, and pretty much just go around to each station and get your reps in to familiarize yourself with it.

Comment

Does anyone know if they rank CPAT times or if they are strictly pass/fail? I know many departments consider times and will rank candidates based on the fastest times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdobbs View Post
              Does anyone know if they rank CPAT times or if they are strictly pass/fail? I know many departments consider times and will rank candidates based on the fastest times.

I emailed the HR person to find out if it would benefit me to take the CPAT for them in hopes of a better score than my PG County test and was told no need to take it again since I passed in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdobbs View Post
                Everything I've heard/read has said the written and CPAT were just pass/fails.

Got the e-mail from them today clarifying when to show up for the CPAT. E-mail only went out to about 500 people, is that all that's moving on to the CPAT ya think? That seems awfully low considering the amount that were there for the written.
                Last edited by st42stephenAFT; 03-01-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

How does the actual CPAT work? I mean, do you have to sign up for a specific time? Or do you just show up at the facility at some point during the listed times, and get in a line to do the course?

Why don't you google CPAT and you will find out all the steps and what it is all about.

Plus it will also tell you what CPAT stands for too!
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                    Why don't you google CPAT and you will find out all the steps and what it is all about.

Plus it will also tell you what CPAT stands for too!
                    Capt, I think you misunderstood me. I know what the CPAT course is, and what it stands for, that wasn't my question :-P

What I was asking about was about the day of the CPAT if we had to sign up for a time we wanted to go, or just show up at the testing site and get in a line to run the course. But they sent out an e-mail today stating when to show up based on your last name.

Comment

• Originally posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
                      Capt, I think you misunderstood me. I know what the CPAT course is, and what it stands for, that wasn't my question :-P

What I was asking about was about the day of the CPAT if we had to sign up for a time we wanted to go, or just show up at the testing site and get in a line to run the course. But they sent out an e-mail today stating when to show up based on your last name.

Good deal stephen. Good luck, smoke 'em as it isn't that hard.
                      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• http://www.arlingtonva.us/department.../file80461.pdf
                        Background Packets: As communicated to you in the letters sent to all applicants who passed the written examination,
                        all complete Background Packets are to be submitted to the Arlington County Fire Department on or before Friday,
                        March 4, 2011. Candidates whose packets are not received by this date will be disqualified and will not continue
                        in this recruitment process.
                        CPAT Practice Sessions, Timed Run Sessions and the Official CPAT Test: All candidates who have not presented
                        prior CPAT certification as administered by another jurisdiction must participate in the CPAT Practice and
                        Timed Run sessions. However, if you are unable to participate in the Practice and/or Timed Run sessions, you must
                        sign and submit the appropriate waiver form as provided on the Arlington County Fire Department website
                        (www.arlingtonva.us/fire).
                        If your waiver form(s) are not received prior to the date of the official CPAT test (March 26, 2011), you will not be able
                        to take the official test, you will be disqualified and will not continue in this recruitment process.
                        All candidates who do not waive their participation must participate in both Timed Run sessions (March 9 and March
                        12, 2011). Additionally, you may also elect to have your Timed Run serve as your official CPAT test. If this is your
                        choice, you will be given the opportunity at sign-in to make this request. If you elect to have your Timed Run serve as
                        your official CPAT test and you are successful, you will not be required to participate on the date of the official CPAT
                        test.
                        However, if you elect to have your Timed Run serve as your official CPAT test and you are not successful, you will
                        have no other opportunity to take the CPAT test for this recruitment, you will be disqualified and will not continue in this
                        recruitment process.
                        CPAT Certification from Alternate Jurisdiction: Only CPAT certificates issued from alternate jurisdictions with certification
                        dates of not more that six (6) months from the date of the Arlington County Official CPAT test date (March 26,
                        2011) will be accepted. If you have submitted a copy of a CPAT certificate that meets this requirement, you are not
                        required to participate in the Practice sessions, the Timed Run sessions or the Official CPAT test.
                        However, if you did not submit your copy of the alternate CPAT certificate at the time of the written examination and
                        were not fingerprinted, you will be required to come to the CPAT testing facility to have your fingerprints taken. Please
                        see the schedule below for the dates and times.
                        Scheduling for Timed Run and Official CPAT Testing: Candidates whose last names begin with the letters A – K
                        are to arrive at the CPAT test location as follows (plan to arrive not later than 30 minutes prior):
                        • Timed Run – Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 10:00 a.m.
                        • Timed Run – Saturday, March 12, 2011, 12:00 p.m.
                        • Official CPAT – Saturday, March 26, 2011, 7:00 a.m.
                        Candidates whose last names begin with the letters L – Z are to arrive at the CPAT test location as follows (plan to
                        arrive not later than 30 minutes prior).
                        • Timed Run – Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 3:00 p.m.
                        • Timed Run – Saturday, March 12, 2011, 8:00 a.m.
                        • Official CPAT – Saturday, March 26, 2011, 11:00 a.m.
                        The CPAT Timed Run and Official Test will be administered at:
                        Patricia R. Harris School (DC’s CPAT Facility is located at the school)
                        4600 Livingston Road SE, Washington, DC (alternate address for same school is 4646 South Capitol Street
                        SE, Washington, DC)
                        *Parking is available on the grassy area inside the school yard. Street parking is also available. Do not park in the
                        parking lot on the Livingston Road side of the building. Please use the building entrance located on South Capitol
                        Street.
                        Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
                        -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
                        LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• so only 500 passed the written...wow!

Comment

• I'm confused about this fingerprinting stuff. I purposely paid to take the CPAT at home so I wouldn't have to make another trip. Now, I have to pay for the trip, anyways? I hope there's a way to send in fingerprints in...

Comment

• @surferdude-
                              I'm not saying that's all that passed. But that's all that was in the e-mail I got. Maybe there was multiple e-mails sent out. I think 500 is really low. There's was well over 1,000 who were there for the writtens, and to have under 1/2 fail makes me wonder...

Originally posted by DevelopmentHell View Post
                              I'm confused about this fingerprinting stuff. I purposely paid to take the CPAT at home so I wouldn't have to make another trip. Now, I have to pay for the trip, anyways? I hope there's a way to send in fingerprints in...
                              You'll have to call Arlington and talk to them about that. Thats a ****ty situation to get stuck with. If that's the case, they should have just made everyone take the CPAT with them and not offer to accept previous CPAT's.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevelopmentHell View Post
                                I'm confused about this fingerprinting stuff. I purposely paid to take the CPAT at home so I wouldn't have to make another trip. Now, I have to pay for the trip, anyways? I hope there's a way to send in fingerprints in...
                                u had to have fingerprints taken for pg cpat test?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X