Arlington, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firefireeverywhere View Post
    Thanks! I've been looking around online, and haven't come across any of this info.

So after that proby period, is it a daily decision on what you ride, or is it a set period you ride the engine, then a set period you ride the bus?
    Only if you are a Medic, otherwise you will be on the Engine or Truck.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

Originally posted by scubadvr View Post
      He is right. You are assigned to a station out of school. Some are single engines, engines/medics, 3 are engines/trucks/medics, and 2 are engines/rescue/medic. No matter which station you are assigned to, you will be responsible for knowing the inventories and specs of engines/trucks/rescues/medics. Depending on where you go determines which you will have to know. You don't get a choice as far as where you get assigned. It comes down to department needs, your personalitly and how you do in recruit school.

After a certain amount of time, I believe your tenth month of employment. They can have you drive the medic unit, but that all depends on how well you know your stuff. Also the ALS requirement may send you to school right after probation or it may take a little while. Again all depends on needs.
      Just a technicality, 2(Sta. 5&6) are engine/truck/medic, 1(Sta.9) is Engine/Rescue/Medic and 1(Sta.4) is Truck/Rescue/Medic. Hope things are treating you right on the west coast, you are missed!
      -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

Originally posted by firefireeverywhere View Post
        Thanks! I've been looking around online, and haven't come across any of this info.

So after that proby period, is it a daily decision on what you ride, or is it a set period you ride the engine, then a set period you ride the bus?

You need to worry about getting the Badge and not where you might be riding.

You are assigned to an Engine or Truck Company. If could be on a day you may be riding in the other type of company other than the one you are assigned to. This is called filling in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
          You need to worry about getting the Badge and not where you might be riding.

You are assigned to an Engine or Truck Company. If could be on a day you may be riding in the other type of company other than the one you are assigned to. This is called filling in.
          Thanks for your concern Jonnee.

But I'm just trying to gather up information about the department to use if I make it to the interviews. I like to know as much as I can about the department when I go for an interview. I like to familiarize myself with the operations as much as I can beforehand.

Comment

Starting to prepare for the panel interview, as I have heard it generally comes up on short notice..... after the CPAT. Does anyone know how Arlington County's Panel Interview is set up? IE. Who sit's on the panel? I have read in other topics about the panel interview and know some departments focus on specific situational questions. Any advice for a first timer to the panel interview?

Thanks and good luck

Comment

Do you think it's wise to call to make sure certain documents have arrived for the background check or would this annoy HR?

Thanks.

Comment

I called to make sure they received my background packet. I personally wanted to make sure that they received it because of the information it contains..... They said they would contact me if they were missing anything. I.E. transcripts, criminal history, etc.

You ready for the CPAT?

Comment

Originally posted by Jdobbs View Post
                  I called to make sure they received my background packet. I personally wanted to make sure that they received it because of the information it contains..... They said they would contact me if they were missing anything. I.E. transcripts, criminal history, etc.

You ready for the CPAT?
                  What kind of criminal history do you have, that was so importnat that you had to called to be sure they received it???

Comment

Because I am from out of town and I had a scheduling conflict, i took the CPAT 2/19 in my home state and will be sending the CPAT cert with my background.

Comment

It's not the criminal history I was concerned about.... Copies of my ssn, birth certificate, and ID.

Comment

Originally posted by DevelopmentHell View Post
                        Do you think it's wise to call to make sure certain documents have arrived for the background check or would this annoy HR?

Thanks.
                        It will not hurt to call and check. In fact it would be foolish not to check on these sorts of things.
                        -Big Russ

Comment

has anybody been going to the practices?? wonder what the crowd is like?? any idea on how many have passed the written?

Comment

I will be going to my first practice tomorrow.

Comment

since i work everyday theres a practice wondering what it details..any info? do u warm up together as a group or do people just do what ever they want? is supervised etc?

Comment

How does the actual CPAT work? I mean, do you have to sign up for a specific time? Or do you just show up at the facility at some point during the listed times, and get in a line to do the course?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X