Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefireeverywhere
    replied
    So after your probation period, they eventually send you back to an ALS academy type of thing? So you're out of the firehouse for that time (a year or more?) until you get your ALS cert?

Also, after you get your ALS, how is it determined what rig you'll be on? Truck/Engine/Medic unit? Is it a shift by shift thing, 6 months on Medic, 6 months on Truck/Engine, a couple hours each shift on Medic, etc?

Leave a comment:

• scubadvr
    replied
    Originally posted by firefireeverywhere View Post
    Just curious if anyone has any info into how ACFD works? I'm having trouble finding anything on their academy (other than it's 26 weeks). Is it Monday-Friday 9-5 type deal, or something else?

Also, I saw on the site that you need to be doing ALS a year after being hired. Do they put you through that or do you have to do that on your days off or what?
    The academy is M-F, time I believe is 0730 til 1600. There is approx an hour of PT either first thing or last thing. The academy will be split between EMT and Fire. Which one is done first depends on the State EMT testing cycle.

If given a final offer, you will be given a contract to sign stating that you will obtain an ALS cert and maintain it for the rest of your career. In the past, before I left, you were not able to go to ALS school until you are off probation. Again depending on department needs, they use to take volunteers first and if not enough people went they would send you based on recruit school. So the people who have been on prior to you, would be sent if they haven't gone already.

Now things may have changed since I left so maybe someone else, Dennis, could have more recent info.

Leave a comment:

• firefireeverywhere
    replied
    Just curious if anyone has any info into how ACFD works? I'm having trouble finding anything on their academy (other than it's 26 weeks). Is it Monday-Friday 9-5 type deal, or something else?

Also, I saw on the site that you need to be doing ALS a year after being hired. Do they put you through that or do you have to do that on your days off or what?

Leave a comment:

• RentalPillow
    replied
    Originally posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    Just got an e-mail today with a conditional offer! Wooooooo

Congrats man, that's awesome. Best of luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• Casurari
    replied
    Congrats on the letter.
    Last edited by Casurari; 05-05-2011, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scubadvr
    replied
    Congrats! Hopefully the rest works out for you.

Leave a comment:

• Hayd08
    replied
    Congrats!!!...Looks like we are moving on!!!

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    Originally posted by Hayd08 View Post
    Yea that would be great! I interviewed on tuesday. How about you? Anyone else hear any good news yet?!!!!

Leave a comment:

• big_leauges
    replied
    I can't even get hr to respond if they have received my fingerprints or not, and dozens of emails and phone calls, and others are getting job offers? Just great

Leave a comment:

• Hayd08
    replied
    I sure hope so! Would love to join you in the academy. What day did you go down and meet with the chief last week?
    Yea that would be great! I interviewed on tuesday. How about you? Anyone else hear any good news yet?!!!!

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    I sure hope so! Would love to join you in the academy. What day did you go down and meet with the chief last week?

Leave a comment:

• Hayd08
    replied
    Congrats!

I didn't get an offer today unfortunately. How'd you get it? Mail, e-mail, phone call?
    Thanx!!!... I got it by email and a phone call... But don't give up hope because there is a good chance that you will get it soon!

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    Originally posted by Hayd08 View Post
    I interviewed with the Chief last week as well and got a conditional offer of Employment today! Whoo hooo!!! Any1 else get the same?
    Congrats!

I didn't get an offer today unfortunately. How'd you get it? Mail, e-mail, phone call?

Leave a comment:

• Hayd08
    replied
    I interviewed with the Chief last week as well and got a conditional offer of Employment today! Whoo hooo!!! Any1 else get the same?

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    Originally posted by RentalPillow View Post
    Can anyone actually confirm that they've moved past the interview process?Has anyone gotten any calls or received any emails AFTER attending your interview?

From what I was told, interviews should have wrapped up on April 7th. I'm curious if they've contacted anyone since that was completed.

Yes. I got invited down to interview with the Chief last week.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X