Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGSmith
    replied
    Conditional offers don't mean much, I have received two in the last couple months and still don't have a job. Those are given out pretty freely and always to more applicants than spots open.

Leave a comment:

• Firstandlast
    replied
    Yes this is very wearing, but as they say good things come to those who wait, and patience is a virtue. I am curious however if they would extend the final offers to the people who have already satisfied the requirments now, or wait until december when this other guy and who knows who else also complete the requirements for their conditional offer? hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• mtlp66
    replied
    Have not heard of any final offers going out yet so you never know until you know. Being in limbo and this close is a bit wearing though.

Leave a comment:

• John12Marker2345
    replied
    The final four phases are over the next few weeks, so I probably won't hear anything back until Dec if and when..... I don't want to get to excited because I seem to be the only one in this situation. I've been in this situation before and sucks to expect to get in and not.

Have you guys already received final offers?

Leave a comment:

• Firstandlast
    replied
    This news is very interesting because would he be able to have all of those same requirments met by january and if so I wonder if they have already made a final descion and havent released that information to the candidates.

Leave a comment:

• mtlp66
    replied
    When I went for the psych, medical, chief's and such last weekend they said they had people come out the week prior and they were having a few more people out this coming weekend for the last part of the process. I was told I would hear back when the medical results get in (around 3 weeks or so). I didn't hear anything about more conditional offers going out but maybe some people who went out early for the final parts failed something and they need more people for the academy? Definitely a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Firstandlast
    replied
    Congrats to you, I find it hard to believe they haven't made the final selections for the January class as well. Did your letter highlight any specifics of the condition of your offer?

Leave a comment:

• John12Marker2345
    replied
    So I just got a conditional offer.... I figured they would have already made selections for the January class but I guess not.... All I can say is persistence and determination pay's off. Congrats to all so far and I guess it's still possible to get into the Jan class. Hoping I'm not the applicant sitting on the bubble between the Jan class and the next recruit school.

Has anyone else recently gotten an offer?

Leave a comment:

• Firstandlast
    replied
    Oh cool I had no idea these types of forums existed, tons of information. I wonder what the acadamy schedule will be like.

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    Should be a class of 20 recruits.

Leave a comment:

• st42AFT
    replied
    Should be a class of 20.

Leave a comment:

• Firstandlast
    replied
    I also have recieved an offer ,and the necessary information to follow for medical and other processes etc starting in January very excited, congrats to you. Any ideas how many others?

Leave a comment:

• saefirebird1856
    replied
    I am a FF from another jurisdiction and live in the Arlington/Alexandria area. I am about a 5 minute drive from the ACFD Academy. I may have a room for rent in January.

Feel free to contact me for more info.

Leave a comment:

• mtlp66
    replied
    So I just got a conditional job offer on friday for the academy starting in January. Heading out in October for medical, psych, chief's interview, etc. Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• Fannin
    replied
    Originally posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    Well Bones, you didn't do a good enough job, final offer e-mail came in today! Recruit Class 68 starting July 5th!

So now, who's moving into the area for the class? I'm looking to get a place somewhat close to the academy and split it with someone.
    If anyones interested theres a few of us from DCFD that have 2 extra rooms in Waldorf MD. Its about a 25 minute drive. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X