• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats good. Thanks for the input guyes. HAPPY EASTER to all
    -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Comment

• Anyone hear anything from ACFD?

Comment

• Heard that some people got invited down to interview with the Chief this week. Anyone else hear about this or anything of the like?

Comment

• Do you know someone going down or just heard they were doing interviews?
          I figured they would have at least let us know if we passed the oral portion or not before doing interviews.

Either way, I havent heard anything. So if its true, good luck to anyone who's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMark24 View Post
            Do you know someone going down or just heard they were doing interviews?
            I figured they would have at least let us know if we passed the oral portion or not before doing interviews.

Either way, I havent heard anything. So if its true, good luck to anyone who's going on.

Just found out from one of my friends that he got called to go down.

Comment

• When did your friend interview (oral panel)

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyhiker View Post
                When did your friend interview (oral panel)
                He went down the first week of interviews. First day or two I believe it was.

Comment

• Can anyone actually confirm that they've moved past the interview process?Has anyone gotten any calls or received any emails AFTER attending your interview?

From what I was told, interviews should have wrapped up on April 7th. I'm curious if they've contacted anyone since that was completed.

Comment

• Fire's is the only information we've had since interviews.

Seems odd to me that not one of the regular posters on this forum, or any of the lurkers even, were among those selected to move on (I assume that anyone who had heard something would have posted it). This is assuming of course that Fire's information is good and they are moving to chief's interviews.

Anyway, I guess Im probably just bitter and anxious since I haven't yet (or didn't as the case may be) gotten a call. Too nice a day outside to sit in here and complain tho, so I hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

Fire's is the only information we've had since interviews.

Seems odd to me that not one of the regular posters on this forum, or any of the lurkers even, were among those selected to move on (I assume that anyone who had heard something would have posted it). This is assuming of course that Fire's information is good and they are moving to chief's interviews.

Anyway, I guess Im probably just bitter and anxious since I haven't yet (or didn't as the case may be) gotten a call. Too nice a day outside to sit in here and complain tho, so I hope everyone has a great day.
                      I hear you. I've been getting fidgety as well, and I check back here nearly every day to get an idea of how the process is moving. I want to see if anybody else has been getting called, which would give me a good idea of where I stand, you know? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Either way, good luck to everyone here, and be safe. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to join you at the Academy soon.

Comment

• Has no one else heard about the next step? I would have figured someone else on here would have gotten a call and could explain what's going on in the process a bit more.

Comment

• Originally posted by firefireeverywhere View Post
                          Has no one else heard about the next step? I would have figured someone else on here would have gotten a call and could explain what's going on in the process a bit more.
                          Kinda what i figured. Seems strange not one of us has heard anything. Any chance your friend is just screwing with you? Lol

Ah well. Hopefully we hear something soon. At this point I would love any information, good or bad. Just to get out of this limbo we're all stuck in.

On another note, I read the Chicago Fire Exam 2006 thread in my spare time. This is nothing compared to what those poor guys have had to endure.

Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Kinda what i figured. Seems strange not one of us has heard anything. Any chance your friend is just screwing with you? Lol
                            I wish! But somehow I think it was legit. Unless he took a trip to Arlington just for the sake of looking legit. And something tells me he wouldn't go through all that trouble to fool us.

Comment

• Did he tell you how it went? Or if they said anything to him about the rest of the process?

Comment

• Didn't go into details. Just said it was brief, and they said they were doing a few days of interviews, and that he'd hear back sometime soon.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X