Arlington, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    My friend who interviewed on Thursday said all his references were called on Friday. So they seem to be moving through the references checks quite quickly. Maybe we'll be hearing news soon? I think they said either this week or next we'd hear.

Seems like they are calling references pretty fast. Is your friend a Medic or EMT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayd08 View Post
      Seems like they are calling references pretty fast. Is your friend a Medic or EMT?
      He happens to be a VA EMT.

Comment

He happens to be a VA EMT.
        Ok cool. So it does seem that those who are certified Medic or Emt may have an advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayd08 View Post
          Ok cool. So it does seem that those who are certified Medic or Emt may have an advantage.
          Not necessarily. I have no VA certs and my references were contacted shortly after my interview as well.

Comment

• Based on the way that interview worked, I didn't get the impression that they are really looking for certs. That's assuming of course that how we did on the oral is what ranks us from this point on.

If they use a combination of everything up to this point, then they may be including certs.

Comment

Not necessarily. I have no VA certs and my references were contacted shortly after my interview as well.
              Originally posted by FFMark24 View Post
              Based on the way that interview worked, I didn't get the impression that they are really looking for certs. That's assuming of course that how we did on the oral is what ranks us from this point on.

If they use a combination of everything up to this point, then they may be including certs.
              Yes what you are saying makes since, I didnt get that impression either. It just seems that those with VA certs were contacted the day after the interview, but that is just speculation. My references were contacted a little over a week after my interview and I do not have VA certs either. Did you guys have your employment checked the same day your references were called?

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMark24 View Post
                Based on the way that interview worked, I didn't get the impression that they are really looking for certs. That's assuming of course that how we did on the oral is what ranks us from this point on.

I have to agree, the interview had nothing to do with experience. 99% of interviews ask for your experience and history. As much as I tried to push my history during the interview, I don't think it mattered. Not sure what they were looking for with those questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_leauges View Post
                  I have to agree, the interview had nothing to do with experience. 99% of interviews ask for your experience and history. As much as I tried to push my history during the interview, I don't think it mattered. Not sure what they were looking for with those questions.
                  It is your life experiances that matter, not fire/ems experiance. Fire/EMS skills can be taught at the academy, but they can not remake you into the right kind of person.

I wish you all the best of luck!
                  Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
                  -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
                  LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• Anyone hear anything yet?

I was told a week or two after interviews are over we'd hear something. So this is the mid way point of that time. Just wanted to see if anyone's heard anything yet.

Comment

• Almost a month since interviews started. Hopefully we hear something soon. Hope everyone has a nice Easter.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything? They said 2 weeks, and today marks the end of them. They've been on the ball with everything else in the process, so I would assume they'd be right on time with this as well...

Comment

• Hey Scubadvr, can you shoot me a PM? I can't seem to PM you again.

Comment

• how well put together is their process?
                            -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Comment

• I've gone through close to 10 processes now and their process is probably the most squared away that I've seen. One complaint is that they don't tell you your written test score. That seems more the norm, though.

Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveKiefer View Post
                                how well put together is their process?
                                From what I've seen, everything's run pretty smooth. They've been on time for all the marks they've set, and everything's been done pretty fast. Written was beginning of January, and they've moved through that, the CPAT, panel interviews, and BG checks quickly.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X