Arlington, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCFD17 View Post
    Does any one know what the Psych is going to be like? Is it similar to a polygraph?
    No polygraph for Arlington. Several scantron answer sheets. Can't go more into it than that.

Comment

• Any updates?

Has anybody heard anything? References being called, or email/letter from FD telling you anything?

Comment

• I haven't heard anything, they have not checked any of my references either. I know they have started checking some people references though.

Comment

• Ive had character and work references called so far. Haven't heard from the county yet though.

Comment

• I havcen't heard anything and none of my references have been called yet.

Comment

• mark, are u a medic? maybe they just called medic references?

Comment

• Originally posted by big_leauges View Post
                mark, are u a medic? maybe they just called medic references?
                My references have been contacted, and I'm not a medic.

Comment

• As much as I hope I'm wrong, I suspect that if your references have been contacted at this point, you're getting a conditional offer. If not, you're not.

Comment

• Im not a medic. Only EMT.

Comment

• Ok I was just curious. I have heard rumors both ways, that medics have an advantage, but the guy after the interview made it sound like it didn't matter. And yes, I'm a medic so hoping for an advantage

Comment

• Originally posted by frbarton View Post
                        As much as I hope I'm wrong, I suspect that if your references have been contacted at this point, you're getting a conditional offer. If not, you're not.
                        I'm not sure if that works. They just finished interviewing Friday. I doubt they had time to call people's references from Friday's interviews. It took them a week to call my references. So give it time. I'm assuming they'll still be contacting references for the next week or so. But that's just my guess.

Comment

• My friend who interviewed on Thursday said all his references were called on Friday. So they seem to be moving through the references checks quite quickly. Maybe we'll be hearing news soon? I think they said either this week or next we'd hear.

Comment

• Hopefully getting our references called at least means we passed the oral. Now I guess we just wait to find out if we scored high enough for a conditional offer or not.

Has anyone heard anything about how the list works? If we are eligible, but not one of the 20 hired, will we stay on the list if they need another academy in the next year or two? Or do they just start the process again? I know most cities keep you on the eligible list but I havent found anything about it for Arlington.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACFD Website
                              The next anticipated recruitment is for the Summer or Fall of 2012.
                              Looks like the next process will start summer/fall 2012. From what I've heard ACFD is looking for the class of ~20 now. And possibly another at the end of the summer. I'm assuming this process will be good up until they retest in 2012.

Comment

• It's been nearly 2 weeks since my interview and my references haven't been called. I think that spells doom for me, unfortunately.

Good luck, guys!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X