Northeast Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast Jobs

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013, 02:14 AM.

Originally posted by deadbear271 View Post
    I'm trying to start a career as a firefighter. I am in several processes all of which are in Virginia. I am constantly looking but the only job openings i seem to find are in Virginia. Do any other states recruit firefighters? I live in PA and would like to try New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Connecticut, etc. Can anyone tell me where to look in the northeast for firefighting jobs. Do they recruit at all? Any information would be great.

Try googling the city and or county in the states in which you may have a desire to work.

Example === City of Altoona, Pa or County of York, Pa, or City of Louisville, KY

There are some in this section that have had application periods open and some that are just opening.

If you want it bad enough you have to do the leg work or the searching on your computer to find it.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

NJ does a state wide civil service.. they had it earlier this year.
      MA is the same way.. although there are some smaller depts there that dont use the civil service.
      Delaware i think only has 1 career fire department (correct me if i'm wrong)
      CT is a good place to look there are a few depts hiring there right now..
      like capt said.. Google.. anymore you can find just about anything on it..

Comment

I'm trying to start a career as a firefighter. I am in several processes all of which are in Virginia. I am constantly looking but the only job openings i seem to find are in Virginia. Do any other states recruit firefighters? I live in PA and would like to try New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Connecticut, etc. Can anyone tell me where to look in the northeast for firefighting jobs. Do they recruit at all? Any information would be great.
        North ain't the place to be my friend. I'm from there, and know several guys that are getting laid off January 1st. The economy sucks, and nobody is selling in the South and moving to the great state of NJ or NY to pay outrageous taxes. Tons are moving here...

Check out places like VA, TN, TX, SC and NC. Maybe even GA.

Comment

Originally posted by RFDGloWorm View Post
          North ain't the place to be my friend...Tons are moving here...

Check out places like VA, TN, TX, SC and NC. Maybe even GA.
          I sentiment this statement. My wife and I are in the process of moving to the Charlotte, NC area. There are alot of "transplants" that fall in love with the south, and end up staying most, if not all, their lives. Jobs in the north are dwindling and the taxes are sky high. Take the step and make the move, you'll be happier for it.

Comment

Try looking into some these

http://911hotjobs.com/find-a-job/sho...?id=7900&page=

http://911hotjobs.com/find-a-job/sho...?id=8534&page=

http://911hotjobs.com/find-a-job/sho...?id=2654&page=

http://911hotjobs.com/find-a-job/sho...id=10104&page=

http://911hotjobs.com/find-a-job/sho...?id=2487&page=

The south is where the jobs are. There just isn't much happening north of the Mason Dixon line for FireFighters and EMTs. I am from Ohio myself, I now reside in Virginia.

Comment

I just saw on firerecruit.com that Arlington County, VA Fire Rescue Dept. is hiring for the position of Firefighter Recruit. A very affluent county just across the river from DC, Arlington County looks like an awesome place to work. The job announcement opens on November 5th.

Here is the link: http://www.arlingtonva.us/Department...mployJobs.aspx

Hope that helps in your job search.

Comment

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. I would greatly appreciate any other job posts.

You need to do some searching on your own. You want a job bad enough you'll do some work to find who is taking applications.

Keep your eyes open to this forum section as new job posting[s] come on about everyday or week anyway.
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                    You need to do some searching on your own. You want a job bad enough you'll do some work to find who is taking applications.

Keep your eyes open to this forum section as new job posting[s] come on about everyday or week anyway.
                    Well put...

Comment

If you really want to stay in the loop sign up for firerecruit or another paid job site. You can keep looking at all the websites and calling the HR departments but you'll probably miss out on a lot of opportunities. In a some cases guys will post here but I found that they'll wait until after the closing date to say anything on this site, it limits competition. Plus I found sites like 911hotjobs don't always give accurate information. Like Capt said if you want it, do the leg work, call the departments, pay for the job site, it's not going to come to you. I'm in the final process of getting into Baltimore City and there were guys from Cali flying in for the day just for the physical exam you need to be proactive.

Comment

The New York State test will be in March but almost all departments require residency. There are also less openings as compared to many places down south. Many departments are also on a hiring freeze and or downsizing houses and companies. I am on the job here but am looking to get out and go south. Good luck my friend.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X