Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciding which Dept

Hey guys,

I am going to be involved in 3 hiring processes by the turn of the year. Well, the first one will likely be finished by then. Hopefully I have the dilemma I'm presenting here. I'm pretty confident in myself, and feel I have a good chance at receiving an offer, or perhaps even 2 or 3 offers.

I would rather work at the 2nd dept, or the 3rd dept, but if I get an offer at the 1st one, it would be tough to turn it down. I wouldn't want to turn it down and then not even get an offer from either of the next two. But what if I take the 1st one, then get an offer from the 2nd one (which is the one I want the most)? I'm afraid I would be frowned upon if I left in the middle of EMT training, or whatever point we were at, to go work for another department.

What do you guys think?

Go with the department which offers you a job!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Same advice

You have to remember you are on probation normally for a certain amount of time and normally can be let go for any reason

If a dept sees that a person is looking during probation they may let said person go. Have seen it done

You can always apply once you give a dept at least a year

Hiring and training is not cheap
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

My $.02...
        I would be kicking myself a lot harder if I passed on the first offer and never got a second or third, then I would if I took the first offer and the second came along.

Comment

You can take a job anywhere.. It doesnt mean you are stuck there for the rest of your life.
          Like capt said... take who ever offers up first.. and if your preferred place calls.. go to them.

Comment

out of respect, I would think you'd want to give the hiring department a year at least... they're putting time, money and trust into you and turning your back on that is not a positive sign.

i'm going through that right now. it looks like i may be moving w/in a year so i've stopped testing for fear of getting hired and having to leave early, that wouldn't be fair to 1) the people hiring me and 2) the people that tested with me and would've provided a great service to the department when I left them high and dry.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X