Fire Marshal Investigator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Marshal Investigator

I think the career i want to persue is Fire Marshal Investigator. Right now I am 21, I am on a vol fire dept, I am 1/2 way through my Fire I class, I have my Criminal Justice Associates degree, and I'm part way into my Fire Science Associates degree. I also hit whatever investigation seminars I can(most recently yesterday). I want to know what other kind of education or qualifications i need for this field.

I want to get my CFEI through the NAFI, however, although i know this test is based on NFPA 921 I don't know what training to get to prepare myself for the test

I also know I'm going to need to be OPOTA certified for this, too, but what else?

Ok What state are you in???

If you are going to practice in that state , you need to find out what your state requires to be an investigator

Find out where training is going to be held and go

Check nafi and iaai web site for assoc in your area to join

Hook up with other investigators and try to ride out with them

Go to national fire academy and take the investigation course

You will hear some replies that you are to young but you are not
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

You have asked this question before in another thread on Firehouse!!!

Get a job on a career department, say there maybe 10 years taking every course there is and learn something about the fire service and fire in general.

Then try to be an investigator.

Oh yes, be sure you have a clean record as in most states you will have police powers and they don't grant that to folks with any type of record.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X