TX transferring to AZ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX transferring to AZ.

Finished my TX academy not long ago, and nearly done with EMT-B. I was going to continue through medic but due to family health issues in AZ (2 year old nephew diagnosed with cancer), I'm going to be moving to AZ (PHX area) as soon as I can once EMT-B is over and work on getting my medic out there. I'm eligible for the 4 initial IFSACs and will be getting them asap as well.

Question is, once I get my IFSACs, is there a procedure to use them to get my AZ cert or are the seals just accepted at the actual FD as your certification; is there some other process I need to go through to be eligible in AZ?

From the research I've done thus far, I'll need to go to a testing center to schedule a CPAT to have in my binder and then focus on written testing at departments and they'll go off my documented CPAT, correct?

Any other tips for AZ employment? I'm not concerned with finding the most premier job, i just need to get out there so I can help my family and have a job so I can eat and house myself. The family is in Chandler and I'm open for jobs with even a decent commute (Tuscon, Buckeye, wherever). It appears some departments will only accept you if you graduated from an AZ academy, does this apply if you have your IFSACs already?
    Last edited by sredish; 10-07-2010, 03:18 PM.

http://azfiretraining.org/Home_Page.php

give them a call and see what they say

do you have any ifsac???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

don't have the ifsacs yet but i'm eligble for FF1, FF2, HazAw and HazOps; it's just a matter of finishing up a few weeks of ems and getting it all sent off. Considering getting my HazMatTech seal once I get those 4 seals back.

i'll try them at that link, thanks a lot.
      Last edited by sredish; 10-08-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X