Hiring in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomex82 View Post
    Does anyone one know what type of written test Austin administers? Civil service, Fireteam, etc..... Thanks for any input or info.
    All I see on their site is that it is a general aptitude test.

Comment

Yeah thats all that I could find also, thanks.

Comment

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone could tell me why Austin chose their shift change at Noon. Is there benefits to this, and if any guys on the job have opinions it would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Austin to hire 100+

See the following: http://www.kvue.com/news/-City-of-Au...108791809.html

Comment

Shift change at noon - Not sure why. Its been that way for a long time. It's great for people who have kids because you see them every day if they are school age. If you had early shift change you would leave the house before they left for school and then probably get off shift and miss them too. It works for our department.

Written test - I/O Solutions is doing the test I believe.

Out-of-staters - There are always quite a few out-of-staters in AFD's cadet classes. Great fire department, great pay, nice equipment, good cost of living, etc. makes it easy to move here.

Comment

truckmonkey42,

Thanks for the info it is much appreciated!

Comment

Thanks for the info truckmonkey42. It sounds like you really like the department, just out of curiousity is there any info about it you could give that wouldn't be found online? Everything I have looked at makes it sound like a dream job and will definitely be giving it a shot, just curious about the view of the dept from someone on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by truckmonkey42 View Post
                  Out-of-staters - There are always quite a few out-of-staters in AFD's cadet classes. Great fire department, great pay, nice equipment, good cost of living, etc. makes it easy to move here.
                  Good to know information, thanks alot!

Comment

B

Bump. BUmp BUmp

Comment

Summary piece of application

Hi guys-I made a mistake on the "Summary" which was the last piece of the application. I am going for Fire Cadet and all I did was attached a copy of my Massachusetts EMT license. I think they needed more info. I tried to edit it but all you can seem to edit is the stuff you typed like work experience, education, etc. Any clue how to fix it or do I just leave it alone?

Comment

Atx app

Does anyone know ????
                        I need to put work experience but not sure how far back to go on this application?
                        Is the summary attached to the end of the the app or do we have to attach a sheet like the resume?

bbell1977
                        I dont think you are able to go back and fix your "Summary" as I have applied for other positions on the atx web site and was not able to fix errors. I would try to contact HR. [email protected]

Thanks

Comment

j2ez- I just put pertinent employment information down and basically highlighted what was in the employment portion of the app.

At the end of the application before you can submit it, there will be a section to attach a file or cut and paste your summary.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks nomex82

Does anyone have any tips or good study material for the written exam?
                            Books? Guides? info?

Comment

bbel-

I believe in the directions it states that you can "delete" an attachment, and you can make your changes, then all u have to do is click "add new". I don't know if the wording is different but in general hope this helps.

Comment

Anyone get on the status of the application a message saying "qualified for Exam" ?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X