No announcement yet.

Hiring in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test questions leaked, city employees fired amidst scandal, hiring temps to re-conduct civil service interview...glad I passed on this department

Comment

• Again? Or are you talking about the first time?

Comment

• I think he means for the first time.

Good luck to all next week

Comment

• Afd

Originally posted by iowaguy1 View Post
          Test questions leaked, city employees fired amidst scandal, hiring temps to re-conduct civil service interview...glad I passed on this department
          It is great to see that Austin FD did what was appropriate for the situation. Good luck and great fortune to all those that are moving forward in the process.
          "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

• Found this interesting, thought I would share.

http://www.kvue.com/video/featured-v...125752483.html

Comment

• Hiring interviewers interesting

Just wonder how out of the loop the fd is, would be nice if they had some say in who gets hired
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

• http://www.kvue.com/home/---125771683.html

In this related article, it states doing the interviews again is going to cost about $160,000 b/c they have to hire and traine the assessors and proctors. Do they realize that if they did not do oral interviews for 2600 candidates, they would have saved a heck of a lot more money?? Who interviews 2600 candidates?? Why not only do oral interviews for a couple hundred to fill the 120 spots? I see their hiring process changing drastically next year, again.

This is one test I am glad I failed.

Comment

• seems crazy.
                  Last edited by amazing_8's; 07-20-2011, 01:41 PM.
                  -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Comment

• I went through with the interview...and the re-interview. I won't share any details, for fear of being imprisoned, but it's been a frustrating process.

I still think VERY highly of the department as a whole. I've met some great people in AFD, both past and present. 120 firefighters has got to be around 10% of the dept., so I hope they make the right hires.

Comment

• I do agree with you JD,they are an awesome FD and most people would agree with that. If come next exam I am not hired yet, I will be taking it again for sure. This hiring process IMHO needs to be reevaluated.

Comment

• Interview results up for Fire Cadet Seniors on Austin's websites.

Fire Cadet results will be up by August 17

Comment

• They took 150 of the total 162 to the next phase, wow I figured there were more senior cadets that went through the orals. I can't wait to find out the results for the fire cadet group! August 17th can't come soon enough.

Comment

• Arbitration

Just a heads-up that I just saw that the union won the arbitration that was ongoing against the city regarding the hiring process. They've yet to say how this will affect the testing process, but I'd imagine it will have quite an impact. They were challenging the written portion of the test stating that the changes that the chief made (changing the cognitive portion to pass/fail, etc) violated the portion of their contract regarding how the test was supposed to be composed to meet certain validity and fairness criteria. They are meeting with the chief tomorrow to discuss how to proceed from here, but considering that I was in the top 40 I can't imagine that this is going to be too good for me...guess we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTXFF View Post
                              Just a heads-up that I just saw that the union won the arbitration that was ongoing against the city regarding the hiring process. They've yet to say how this will affect the testing process, but I'd imagine it will have quite an impact. They were challenging the written portion of the test stating that the changes that the chief made (changing the cognitive portion to pass/fail, etc) violated the portion of their contract regarding how the test was supposed to be composed to meet certain validity and fairness criteria. They are meeting with the chief tomorrow to discuss how to proceed from here, but considering that I was in the top 40 I can't imagine that this is going to be too good for me...guess we'll see.
                              Wonderful, just before they release the test results..

Comment

• Updated news on the page. This hiring process seems like a joke and I feel like I've wasted near a thousand dollars in travel expenses because in all likely hood this testing will probably be thrown out.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/fire/hiring.htm

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X