No EMT Cert openings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No EMT Cert openings?

Hi, I have been a Florida State Certified Firefighter for 12 years and have numerous Fire Science classes but one thing I have no completed yet is my EMT class. Are there any openings that are taking just Firefighters and not Firefighter/EMT or any that will at least let you complete the class after hire?

Originally posted by fire228 View Post
    Hi, I have been a Florida State Certified Firefighter for 12 years and have numerous Fire Science classes but one thing I have no completed yet is my EMT class. Are there any openings that are taking just Firefighters and not Firefighter/EMT or any that will at least let you complete the class after hire?
    some areas.. Ohio, CA, and FL being three of them, Pretty much want nothing but Fire/Medics anymore. I'm not sure if there are any departments down there that will hire without at least an EMTB cert.

You have been certified 12 years? Jump on the bandwagon brother.. in most places (even while running "fire only" an EMS cert is required) so you may as well just go ahead and take one to get it over with..

Comment

Yea, I went through the academy in 1998 and was hired by a dept that didnt require emt at the time, now we are in that transition mode to where new hires have to have it but ones like me that dont are kinda grandfathered in.
      I am currently deployed overseas with the military but do plan on starting EMT right when I get home in Jan. My wife and I are both just looking to get out of the city we are in and basically start new somewhere. Unfortunately my Dept has went kinda downhill and not up and the pay and promotions are not going anywhere anytime soon

Basically willing to move anywhere in the US

Comment

http://www.governmentjobs.com/view_j...hit_count=Yes&

Try there... it looks like they only require a HS education..

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X