how long does it take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it take

I just interviewed with the local county fire dept this week and as you all know I'm excited about hearing their decision. Does anyone have any estimates on how long it normally takes? Everything else with the process has been going very quickly.

It takes a very, very long time.

Comment

This dept might be the exception since the rest of the process has been going very quickly, but I usually add a month to every date they say I will hear something by.

Just don't sweat it if you don't hear anything right away.
      Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

You can generally expect to hear things in a couple of weeks. Write down the questions and begin a file. Use these questions as a base to begin with to prepare for your next interview. You will find that many of the questions are similar. Good luck!

Paul Lepore
        Division Chief
        Paul Lepore
        Battalion Chief
        www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

I had my first interview in late August and was told it would take about two months to hear about the next step; if offered. The department interviewed roughly 68 candidates. Hope that helps.

Comment

It usually takes longer than anyone expects to get the results out. Stay off the phone and don’t be standing by the mail box. People in HR are busy enough without you hounding them. You don’t want to be quickly known as the candidate that couldn’t wait.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
            http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse