X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get a ranking placement yet?

Comment

Burbank

Oral interview scores (and written test scores as well) were emailed to candidates on Friday afternoon (12/3). During the interview week, it appeared as though there were at least 150 to 200 candidates that received oral board interviews, but thats just sort of a guestimation and what I heard from others. The email stated those of top rank and score will go into background review "shortly", but unsure what the exact timeframe is. Hope this answers your questions!

Comment

Rank and Score

A friend of mine got a 97% and is ranked 3rd but his e-mail said that there may be more than one person in each rank. Anybody have an idea of how many people are in each rank?Or how many people they expect really take to backgrounds.

Comment

Backgrounds

Anybody get any word from Burbank?

Comment

If your ranked 3rd I'm sure you will be among the first to hear back. I havent heard anything yet though. Hopefully soon!

Comment

I hear you on that one! Good luck!

Comment

Burbank FD

The top few candidates received background packets last week. What a great early christmas present! Initial background orientation is 1st week in January. Good luck to all who moved on!

Comment

Originally posted by HOOPSboyFF
                  Wanted to bring this thread back instead of creating a new one. I'm contemplating flying to CA to complete the written test and taking the CPAT. Having to pay for both of those and take them in separate testing centers is something completely foreign to me!

I'm a Houston, TX firefighter/emt-b (HFD) but am looking to make the move to CA. I've worked for a big dept and have seen how it operates. I have a desire to move the CA to be closer to family and work for a much smaller department. There is all kind of uneasiness of job security and shady rumors created by our hostile mayor in Houston that make me want to make the move ASAP.

Reading through this post makes it seem pretty close to impossible to get hired in Burbank! However there will have to be more than number of applicants to discourage me.

Anyone give me any insight into the hiring process and the department as a whole?

Thanks!
                  Don't have a whole lot of info for their process, I applied so I'm gonna give it a shot, I know you said you want to work for a smaller department but LA County Fire is going to open up their hiring process this year and It might be another option but it is a much bigger department.

Comment

For those of you preparing for the upcoming Burbank fire exam, go to the link below for custom designed exam prep for the following subjects.

Written Test: May measure your ability to understand written and oral directions, mathematics, mechanical aptitude and reasoning skills. Good luck !!

http://www.fireprep.com/california_f...r_exam_pr.html

Assistant Chief Brent Collins, Cleveland Fire Dept.
                    Firehouse.com Entry Level Contributor Author since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by dmfireschool View Post
                      For those of you preparing for the upcoming Burbank fire exam, go to the link below for custom designed exam prep for the following subjects.

Written Test: May measure your ability to understand written and oral directions, mathematics, mechanical aptitude and reasoning skills. Good luck !!

http://www.fireprep.com/california_f...r_exam_pr.html

Assistant Chief Brent Collins, Cleveland Fire Dept.
                      Firehouse.com Entry Level Contributor Author since 2002
                      They are using the Fire Team Test

Comment

They are using the Fire Team, Anyone know about the process? how many are they hiring?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X