Colorado Springs, CO Entry-Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucky2 View Post
    No kelly days?! Hmmmm....thats no bueno. No bueno at all! What does that come out to? An average 48 hour work week or 56?
    It would be a 56 hour work week.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

No Kelly day true,.....but still a job.
      Also, CPAT is no longer required to apply. Instead it will be required upon job offer (February-ish).

Comment

I'm not sure what their motivation is behind eliminating the CPAT and EMT-B prerequisites if that ends up holding true.

For those of you that have stopped in at stations or HR or those orientations, has anyone that you talked to had any insight on this? Just seems unusual when in the past they had no problems getting plenty of applicants with those qualifications (at minimum) to apply.

Thoughts?
        Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

they want more minorities, women, and non traditional applicants to apply. That's the word around the water cooler

Comment

Not 100% sure, but applications will be online early December.
            A new station will be build in the next year or so, and will require filling. Not to mention approx 10 retires by mid 2011. CSFD is already understaffed, and a large academy is looking more and more promising.

Comment

Per the orientation last saturday, they stated that they want to hire 21 by march. They will be conducting the testing in early Jan, with online applications in Dec. They want to have the hiring completed by Feb (good luck with that) and if they /really/ need EMT's on the line they will have an EMT only class.

They were big on knowing the structure of the department, integrity, customer service, number of stations, equipment. These will more than likely make their way to the oral board

They will have two psyche exams, and one polygraph.

Written portion will the Ergoteam/FIRETEAM test and the CPAT will need to be completed by Feb 11th.

You WILL be able to do ride alongs during the hiring process. The Chiefs will conducting the oral boards, so there is no risk of interference by the guys on the line.

The cadre suggested ride alongs and mock oral boards.

Comment

peterbound- Thanks for the info! So it looks like they are having orals, I thought the rumor was just the written?

Comment

Nope, they confirmed Oral Boards with the Chiefs.

Comment

Just found out that you CANNOT do any ridealongs during the hiring process. From the training chief.

Comment

double check that. Per the orientation this was not an issue. I'll call HR on monday.

Comment

To any of you that was at the orientations, what was the average number of people that was there? Just curious as to how many might be turning in applications..

Comment

Originally posted by fire228 View Post
                          To any of you that was at the orientations, what was the average number of people that was there? Just curious as to how many might be turning in applications..
                          Pretty sure that they limited the orientations to 100 seats for each session, so I doubt that is a good gauge of how many will apply.

I would estimate no less than 1000 since they haven't hired or tested in a while and they lowered the requirements, but this is purely a guess. I am trying to remember how many they had in years past and I want to say it was around the 600-700 mark for initial applicants.
                          Last edited by yjbrody64; 11-15-2010, 09:28 AM.
                          Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

They stated during the orientation that they already had around 1600 interest cards. Don't know if all those apply, but that's a good estimate to go off of.

Comment

Let me see if I got this right...

You submit an application and based off that they choose who they want to take the test. If you pass the test you are in the academy and if you pass the academy you get hired off that list?

Please explain if I am wrong.

In Florida the system is, Go to the academy, turn in application, get hired

Thanks!

Oh, is there any date on the written test?

Comment

Peterbound might have more info, as I was not at the informational meeting. My understanding is there is an online application, pass that, and you move to an oral interview. Pass-> polygraph, Pass-> psych exam, Pass-> academy. Pass-> line.
                                Is that accurate? In 2006 3000 applicants, with EMT and CPAT requirement to apply.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X