Colorado Springs, CO Entry-Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Springs, CO Entry-Level

Just a heads up, CSFD is looking to take applications soon, with an academy in 2011.
    Keep tabs at www.springsgov.com

Originally posted by lastcall5398 View Post
    Just a heads up, CSFD is looking to take applications soon, with an academy in 2011.
    Keep tabs at www.springsgov.com
    Thanks for the heads up! I heard a rumor at my last dept meeting, but didn't realize it would be this soon.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

Should be interesting, hate that freaking ErgoTeam test though.

Comment

Agreed about that Ergo test...but I'll be there for sure.

Comment

It's gonna be a mad house, considering we have about 4 gazillion cars in town riding around with FF plates. I have to assume they are Vollys, so the test should fill up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
            Should be interesting, hate that freaking ErgoTeam test though.
            Originally posted by ljm View Post
            Agreed about that Ergo test...but I'll be there for sure.
            *** This is a rumor and an old one at that***

They might be getting away from the Ergo video testing as last time around they were not happy with the results. Guess we'll find out more when they start taking apps.

***This is the conlusion of the rumor***

Good luck to those testing. You're right though peter, it's gonna be crazy.

Comment

Peterbound, the reason it is a mad house is because of the Firefighter memorial this weekend, not a huge group of possible applicants

Comment

Originally posted by catscratch View Post
                Peterbound, the reason it is a mad house is because of the Firefighter memorial this weekend, not a huge group of possible applicants
                I don't think he's just talking about this weekend. There do seem to be an abnormally high amount of FF plates in this neck of the woods.

Comment

Possible changes I heard were dropping the EMT requirement, and apps accepted in November. Is ErgoTest the same as FireTeam?

Comment

Originally posted by lastcall5398 View Post
                    Possible changes I heard were dropping the EMT requirement, and apps accepted in November. Is ErgoTest the same as FireTeam?
                    Wow! That would really open it up to everyone and their mom. We'll have to see.

And yes, ergotest as it was refered to earlier is actually Ergonomics and they developed the FireTeam test. Don't know if you have taken it before but there is tons of topics on it on firehouse and you can even go to the company's website and take a practice test (I think for a fee though, it's been a while). But it was pretty helpful for my first time.

Good luck and thanks for the info!

Comment

I dont think they are going to drop the EMT requirement. If they did EMT would be required in the academy. Costing more money. Which those of us in and around colorado springs know the have been having budget issues. With that I am surprised there testing.

I need to get my CPAT done now so I can test.
                      RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
                      BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
                      Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

Cpat

I've done a search on for CPAT in Colorado and found nothing. Does anyone know if there will be any put on soon in Colorado?
                        Thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by kookoos1 View Post
                          I've done a search on for CPAT in Colorado and found nothing. Does anyone know if there will be any put on soon in Colorado?
                          Thanks,
                          Mike
                          Pikes Peak Community College has one sometime this fall - it was in November last year.

Comment

So my friend at Pikes Peak says they will be doing a CPAT soon for the hiring, and they HAVE removed the EMT requirement. He said they had a meeting with the Chiefs, and the academy would be a 16 week academy, with 4 weeks EMT!

Comment

lastcall,
                              I tried searching for the CPAT at Pikes Peak CC and couldn't find anything specific about it, other then a mention about a prep class they offer. Do you have a link to info regarding future dates for it?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X