Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raleigh, NC, HIRING NOW!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by BW21 View Post
    Yeah the test dates are going to be in NOVEMBER for the RCT and the PAT.. and DECEMBER is going to be the drug testing, background, interview, etc.
    I thought the loose sheet that came with the packet in the mail said you will be able to register for both the reading and the physical testing online in the beginning of December. Maybe I misread something?!?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by BW21 View Post
      Yeah the test dates are going to be in NOVEMBER for the RCT and the PAT.. and DECEMBER is going to be the drug testing, background, interview, etc.

      apparently anyone whom met the criteria and was desirable is going to get this same packet in the mail. Good luck everyone..

      Hey Glow,

      According to this packet I got in the mail today the first 8 weeks of the academy are EMT-BASIC, I'm guessing if you are already EMS you are still going to have to repeat the course? thanks
      If you're an NC EMT, you don't have to state test. However, you still have to take the academy quizzes and tests.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by ritchey555 View Post
        I thought the loose sheet that came with the packet in the mail said you will be able to register for both the reading and the physical testing online in the beginning of December. Maybe I misread something?!?
        Yeah it said they will notify each person with a password inorder to log on to a website and schedule I guess? Thats the way i took it.

        Ok thanks Glow!

        Comment


        • #49
          two quick questions for anyone who can answer.. is there a fee to send in with the application because i didnt read anywhere that there was but figured id ask.. also do you have to send in copies of birth certificate, social security card, or high school diploma with the application because i didnt see that anywhere either.. i recently applied for wilmington, nc and my application got rejected because of not sending in the birth certificate and etc... was just wondering.. didnt want to make that same mistake again because iam really interested in this job

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by meant2bfdny View Post
            two quick questions for anyone who can answer.. is there a fee to send in with the application because i didnt read anywhere that there was but figured id ask.. also do you have to send in copies of birth certificate, social security card, or high school diploma with the application because i didnt see that anywhere either.. i recently applied for wilmington, nc and my application got rejected because of not sending in the birth certificate and etc... was just wondering.. didnt want to make that same mistake again because iam really interested in this job
            I can't remember but I dont think any of that was required. If i remember right. all I sent was my certs and my license...


            Just read the APP and make sure you have sent everything. I am pretty sure there was a check list.

            good luck

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by meant2bfdny View Post
              two quick questions for anyone who can answer.. is there a fee to send in with the application because i didnt read anywhere that there was but figured id ask.. also do you have to send in copies of birth certificate, social security card, or high school diploma with the application because i didnt see that anywhere either.. i recently applied for wilmington, nc and my application got rejected because of not sending in the birth certificate and etc... was just wondering.. didnt want to make that same mistake again because iam really interested in this job
              No fee, we don't tax and fee you to death down here : P (I'm a Yankee and know the deal with the testing fees).

              Read the packet guys, and read it again. What I did when I applied for gigs; get a piece of paper and scan thru the app packet. When I see something that's required, I write it down on the paper. Simple, but it works and removes all the jargon on the application.

              Comment


              • #52
                loll thanks alot guys i really appreciate it

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by meant2bfdny View Post
                  loll thanks alot guys i really appreciate it
                  We are really specific right? :-p

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    better off that way loll thanks.. rather not forget anything this time around and get screwed over again you know.. just read everything over.. seems as if its just the application itself right off the bat.. i guess everything else will be needed with the background check

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by meant2bfdny View Post
                      better off that way loll thanks.. rather not forget anything this time around and get screwed over again you know.. just read everything over.. seems as if its just the application itself right off the bat.. i guess everything else will be needed with the background check
                      I just looked at it again it doesn't look like anything needs to be attached. Just have the 5 refs, the 10 years of residence hx and you should be ok. Just dont FAX or EMAIL your app

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by BW21 View Post
                        I just looked at it again it doesn't look like anything needs to be attached. Just have the 5 refs, the 10 years of residence hx and you should be ok. Just dont FAX or EMAIL your app
                        thanks again man.. greatly appreciated.. editing and revising the app and then consider it sent off via snail mail loll.. wish me luck

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Never hurts to put a little more of a rush delivery on it ; ) ....

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            "Meant2b"...not sure you'd be happy here though, we aren't FDNY. : P

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              well got to look at the big picture.. the dream is to be a firefighter.. the experience and lifestyle is what im after and honestly i could use time away from new york at the moment loll.. i wouldnt treat this job any differently than i would the fdny.. im just lookin for the opportunity is all

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                also been doin some research on raleigh and like what i see.. it all seems very appealing to me.. not to mention the fresh start

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X