Raleigh, NC, HIRING NOW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RFDGloWorm View Post
    No idea if they're going to establish a list to hire from. We keep hearing multiple academies, back to back, so it would make sense for budget reasons.

If 1500 apply, you have to figure some won't show, some will be late, some will fail the reading test and others will fail the agility. Not to mention those ruled out from criminal or driving record, or missing info on their app's.

Apply, what have you got to lose? Maybe apply to Durham and Raleigh when you come out? Kill two with one trip....
    Yeah I was just going through the website, saw the age requriement was 21, counts me out.
    But thanks for the help fellas. Good luck to everyone testing

Comment

Originally posted by FF173 View Post
      Yeah I was just going through the website, saw the age requriement was 21, counts me out.
      But thanks for the help fellas. Good luck to everyone testing
      This should not count you out unless you're like 18. If you're 19 or 20 TAKE the test. IT says that you must be 21 by the time you start the academy. Do you know how long this could take? Take it from my stand point. Started a recruitment process at 20, conditional offer at 21 and ill be 22 by the time i graduate from this academy. It takes a long time dude.

Comment

Originally posted by thanojon View Post
        This should not count you out unless you're like 18. If you're 19 or 20 TAKE the test. IT says that you must be 21 by the time you start the academy. Do you know how long this could take? Take it from my stand point. Started a recruitment process at 20, conditional offer at 21 and ill be 22 by the time i graduate from this academy. It takes a long time dude.
        Oh I could have swore I read "21 at time of application."
        Thanks

Comment

Take the test anyways. Good test scores come from experience and studying. Take as many as you can!

Comment

Is there anything an out of state applicant needs to do for this job or to test?

Comment

Whats the retirement like? 20, 25 yrs? is there a drop program? Do you pay into your pension?
              Are any of the Units ALS? Do you get incentive pay for have a PM?
              My bad if all these questions were answered already.

Comment

Originally posted by FF173 View Post
                Oh I could have swore I read "21 at time of application."
                Thanks
                Is there an age limit?
                The Raleigh Fire Department requires that recruits be at least 21 years of age at the start of the academy. There is no upper age limit.

FAILED THE READING TEST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doubled8206 View Post
                  Is there anything an out of state applicant needs to do for this job or to test?
                  Read the link I provided as the first post. Look through everything on the link (hiring requirements, etc.). We've hired plenty from out of state. Be early, not on time. If you're late, you're late. Whether you've come 500 miles or 500 feet to take the test, doesn't matter. No special consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by mtgallo21 View Post
                    Whats the retirement like? 20, 25 yrs? is there a drop program? Do you pay into your pension?
                    Are any of the Units ALS? Do you get incentive pay for have a PM?
                    My bad if all these questions were answered already.
                    Unfortunately, we're one of very few 30 year states. With sick time towards retiring, typically guys go out around 28 years. I plan to go out at age 49, as I started at 21.

No drop program.

Yes, we pay a small portion into our pension.

No ALS units, thank God. We have a county run EMS system, which just passed Seattle for the number of successful cardiac resuscitations. The system works great, and we all play very well together.

No incentive for medic, we operate at EMT level and that's it. We have medics and EMT-I's within our department. But, if they ride a rig with RFD on the side, they operate as an EMT.

Comment

Minimum Requirements
                      HS graduate (or GED). US Citizen. Age 21 by the beginning of the academy, tentatively scheduled for April 26, 2011. Vision corrected to 20/30 in each eye and cannot be colorblind. A Valid NC Class "C" Driver's License.

I'm from out of state. does this mean i have to get a NC license to take the test? or just be able to get one ??
                      To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
                      To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Comment

Originally posted by tonsoffun1101 View Post
                        Minimum Requirements
                        HS graduate (or GED). US Citizen. Age 21 by the beginning of the academy, tentatively scheduled for April 26, 2011. Vision corrected to 20/30 in each eye and cannot be colorblind. A Valid NC Class "C" Driver's License.

I'm from out of state. does this mean i have to get a NC license to take the test? or just be able to get one ??
                        Now that's a damn good question. I'd call Keeter Training Center and ask Ms. Boone. If I had to guess, I'd go with "be able to get one".

Comment

Now that's a damn good question. I'd call Keeter Training Center and ask Ms. Boone. If I had to guess, I'd go with "be able to get one".

Most departments will take a applicant's current state operators license, but, if hired, you will have X number of days to acquire a license from which the state you are residing and be able to obtained one. Usually 30 to 60 days in most cases.

That would also be a State law as well as a city and or county law too, as you have X number of days to acquire a operator's license and register your vehicles in the state, city and or county which you reside.
                          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

i really hate the whole color blind thing. i myself am color blind and not once has it ever affected me at work. i just think its funny how they say you cant be in order to get hired at some department. i usually just have to get the doc doing my physical to sign off every time.

has anyone heard of a test date yet? id like to plan ahead for the drive down.

Comment

Originally posted by quayleman View Post
                              i really hate the whole color blind thing. i myself am color blind and not once has it ever affected me at work. i just think its funny how they say you cant be in order to get hired at some department. i usually just have to get the doc doing my physical to sign off every time.

has anyone heard of a test date yet? id like to plan ahead for the drive down.
                              No official "test date", as you sign up for that on your own. If you must know, I recommend calling the Training Center to see if they can give you a round-about idea.

Comment

No official "test date", as you sign up for that on your own. If you must know, I recommend calling the Training Center to see if they can give you a round-about idea.
                                Yeah the test dates are going to be in NOVEMBER for the RCT and the PAT.. and DECEMBER is going to be the drug testing, background, interview, etc.

apparently anyone whom met the criteria and was desirable is going to get this same packet in the mail. Good luck everyone..

Hey Glow,

According to this packet I got in the mail today the first 8 weeks of the academy are EMT-BASIC, I'm guessing if you are already EMS you are still going to have to repeat the course? thanks

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X