Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raleigh, NC, HIRING NOW!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Cub2311 View Post
    There isn't a lot of info on the testing procedure, as far as how you are scored. The way I read it seems the physical and reading comprehension are pass/fail and you are more or less scored off your inital application and interview? I'd like to gauge how competitve the process is versus just throwing my hat in the mix. I only have so much vacation time to go out of town so I want to be sure I applying in places I can be competitve.
    You'd be surprised how many people can't pass the "sit and reach" or 1.5 mile run. My advice; come down and show out. It's a few days for an awesome career....

    Comment


    • #17
      Rescue?

      Hey RFDGloWorm, so I take it the departments Rescue companies aren't very busy if they are just staffed with 2? Do you see the department running their rescue like a lot of the northeast FD's do with 4 anytime soon? thanx!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mgordon53 View Post
        Hey RFDGloWorm, so I take it the departments Rescue companies aren't very busy if they are just staffed with 2? Do you see the department running their rescue like a lot of the northeast FD's do with 4 anytime soon? thanx!
        Trust me, the Chief wants to change the Rescue set-up. He agrees two members is "just getting the rig to the scene". However, right now it's tough because he's playing catch up from previous administrations lack of planning. For Ops, Ladder Companies and manpower are priority, but he'd love to change the Rescues too.

        The last rumor was scaling down to two rescue companies, staffing them with at least four a piece.

        The Rescues run on pin jobs, tech rescue calls, fires, and stuck elevator calls. They also answer medicals if need be. The plus is they go to every fire, so 33% chance you may catch work. And finally, now they have direction so they're performing truck work, for now......

        Comment


        • #19
          Do you know when the actual test is? I am currently in Medic school, so I dont know when I need to schedule things or what not to arrange time to take it

          Comment


          • #20
            Nope, I don't. The site says you sign up around the first week of December. Maybe the first of the year????

            Comment


            • #21
              Nice, I should be done with medic school by then. Thank You. I think I am def. going to apply for this. I need to get out of Ohio haha

              Comment


              • #22
                Come on down!!! Get your 1.5 mile run time right!!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Where do we find what the physical agility consists of or is there not one to look at?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by doubled8206 View Post
                    Where do we find what the physical agility consists of or is there not one to look at?
                    Did you even care to look at the link I originally posted?????? C'mon man, look around a little. You aren't one of those in need of spoon feeding, are ya'????

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RFDGloWorm View Post

                      Out of town folks are more than welcome to apply. However, no special treatment is given (flight delayed? sorry..., get lost? try again next year) for anyone.

                      Any other questions, ask away. I'll answer what I can....

                      Any idea on how many will sit for the test? Just wondering about my odds coming from the Midwest.

                      Thanks fellas

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        My bad man. I appreciate the info you are giving us.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by FF173 View Post
                          Any idea on how many will sit for the test? Just wondering about my odds coming from the Midwest.

                          Thanks fellas
                          Hard to tell with the economy and the amount of layoffs. No where close to places like FDNY, Chicago and DCFD, but if I had to guess I'd say under 2,000.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by RFDGloWorm View Post
                            Hard to tell with the economy and the amount of layoffs. No where close to places like FDNY, Chicago and DCFD, but if I had to guess I'd say under 2,000.
                            Dang only hiring 35/2000 or so aye? Whoa. Alright well thanks for the information

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by FF173 View Post
                              Dang only hiring 35/2000 or so aye? Whoa. Alright well thanks for the information
                              No idea if they're going to establish a list to hire from. We keep hearing multiple academies, back to back, so it would make sense for budget reasons.

                              If 1500 apply, you have to figure some won't show, some will be late, some will fail the reading test and others will fail the agility. Not to mention those ruled out from criminal or driving record, or missing info on their app's.

                              Apply, what have you got to lose? Maybe apply to Durham and Raleigh when you come out? Kill two with one trip....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by RFDGloWorm View Post
                                No idea if they're going to establish a list to hire from. We keep hearing multiple academies, back to back, so it would make sense for budget reasons.

                                If 1500 apply, you have to figure some won't show, some will be late, some will fail the reading test and others will fail the agility. Not to mention those ruled out from criminal or driving record, or missing info on their app's.

                                Apply, what have you got to lose? Maybe apply to Durham and Raleigh when you come out? Kill two with one trip....

                                What the Brother said. APPLY, no matter how many APPLY. Can't get hired unless you APPLY.

                                Just a note of interest. Richmond VA had over 3000 applications last year. 500 invited to the agility. So far two classes, one of 20 and the current one I was told, 24, was hired. Another one will follow.

                                If you want a job, you have to be the best candidate, but you have to APPLY!!!
                                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                                Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X