Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview

hey... every time i look up info on oral boards and interviews i see senerio questions like what would you do if you encountered this or this.. but as i have prepared for my upcoming interview i have talked to a few chiefs who have never used this type of interview and tell me i will more then likely be asked questions about my self as if i were trying to get hired on at any other job ( tell us about yourself) biggest weakness and so on. so my question is what should i expect i want to be the best prepared for this oppertunity... Thank you

Originally posted by galice View Post
    hey... every time i look up info on oral boards and interviews i see senerio questions like what would you do if you encountered this or this.. but as i have prepared for my upcoming interview i have talked to a few chiefs who have never used this type of interview and tell me i will more then likely be asked questions about my self as if i were trying to get hired on at any other job ( tell us about yourself) biggest weakness and so on. so my question is what should i expect i want to be the best prepared for this oppertunity... Thank you
    I can only speak to my own experience...but I studied the questions on CaptBob's web site (google thirty22 Capt Bob).

Long story short, I wanted to be as prepared as possible so I bought a package from Capt Bob's website, it helped me a TON. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Usually the chief is not part of the first oral board where you could be asked scenario based questions.

The chiefs interview is open to any types of questioning. Yes, they’re really trying to find out more about you. How you're going to be as a firefighter for the next 25+ years. Do you fit their culture? We like to hire candidates that are them selves on purpose in the interview. Someone who has a personality and conversational. Are you that person in an interview?

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
      http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Here is a link to Chief Lepore's 80 questions. He gives a bunch of examples (with answers) to probable questions. His book was reasonably priced and most of the interviews I took were questions directly out of his book.
        The book not only has the questions, but he tells how he would answer them and why he would answer it that way.
        http://www.aspiringfirefighters.com/...-questions.pdf

Comment

Do you know what's in your resume

According to my point of view you should grip on your resume. i left almost 11 jobs in one year and i have great experience about how to sit in interview. Normally you may answer all questions related to your personal life beautifully but you should be expert in your field.
          SWD Web Designer

Comment

Originally posted by rogerswd View Post
            According to my point of view you should grip on your resume. i left almost 11 jobs in one year and i have great experience about how to sit in interview. Normally you may answer all questions related to your personal life beautifully but you should be expert in your field.

Eleven jobs, eh?

Unless there is a very good reason and which I don't know, you may not be a viable candidate for a job. In some places, cities/counties, an applicant that has had 11 jobs in one or two years may have their application, may be reviewed and discarded to start with and not even get to take the written exam, much less even getting an interview.

We normally have a Battalion Chief, Captain, Firefighter and someone from the HR sitting on the interview panel.

Comment

Eleven jobs in one year would make me wonder if you have trouble getting along with coworkers. It's important to dempnstrate loyalty to your employer. One or two job changes would raise my eyebrow, but 11 is just weird.

Paul Lepore
              Division Chief
              Paul Lepore
              Battalion Chief
              www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse