Questions about getting hired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about getting hired

Im 23 and have just got my EMT-B and I have vet status but I was trying to understand some of the hiring reqs for out of state depts (currently in MN) it seems like alot of other states ask for CPAT scores and there states cert in FF1 and FF2. I was wondering if mine from MN will work or if it is up to each DEPT. I was also wondering if it would be best to try and get Medic versus AA in Fire Science ? Thanks for your time and suggestions

Originally posted by Jshoop14 View Post
    Im 23 and have just got my EMT-B and I have vet status but I was trying to understand some of the hiring reqs for out of state depts (currently in MN) it seems like alot of other states ask for CPAT scores and there states cert in FF1 and FF2. I was wondering if mine from MN will work or if it is up to each DEPT. I was also wondering if it would be best to try and get Medic versus AA in Fire Science ? Thanks for your time and suggestions
    It all depends on that state whether or not your FF1 and FF2 certs transfer. There are "pro board" and "non proboard" states. I come from a non pro board state, so unless I got what's called an IFSAC certification, I would have to go through FF1 and FF2 training again in that state. Some Fire Departments in Pro board states will just put you through their own academy if you are lucky enough to get a job. Here check out this website, it may answer a couple questions you might have if you were looking to transfer your FF1 and FF2 certs to another state.

http://www.theproboard.org/

Also, get your Medic card. You cannot go wrong if you go through school to become a Medic. It's a grueling process and takes a lot of time and dedication, but it's all worth while when it comes time to getting a job in the Fire Service. The Fire Science degree would be great obtain, but I would certainly focus my efforts on becoming a Paramedic. There are many areas of the United States that are in need of Medics. I myself am a Medic, with minimal experience, but I've gotten numerous phone calls from out of my home state for interviews and processes. Good luck, and if you have any questions, send me a message, I'll do what I can to help you out.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X