Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chesterfield, Virginia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Word I got is hiring 20, academy to start around the 1st of the year

    Comment


    • #17
      Anyone know the rating system after the interview? Are you ordered on the hiring list based on the board's recomendation or on your test score?

      Comment


      • #18
        I had my interview yesterday. From what i was told I got the impression the they will build a list to send to background using the interview scores as a ranking system. Conditional offers will be handed out sometime in Novemeber. I know this isn't very specific, hope it helped some.

        Comment


        • #19
          Man!!!! This sucks, here I am at home waiting for word on the interview. Come to find out it has come and gone. This was my first time applying to a FD, but I thought everything was going great. I'm prior military, an EMT, in medic school, got an 84 on the written test(I know thats not great), and rocked a 3:45 on the PT test.

          If you guys that got to the interview wouldn't mind, could you post your "stats" or let me know where I'm lacking. I'm interested what I need to improve to get hired on.

          I guess Henrico's next.

          Thanks guys.

          Good luck to you all.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by letithang View Post
            Man!!!! This sucks, here I am at home waiting for word on the interview. Come to find out it has come and gone. This was my first time applying to a FD, but I thought everything was going great. I'm prior military, an EMT, in medic school, got an 84 on the written test(I know thats not great), and rocked a 3:45 on the PT test.

            If you guys that got to the interview wouldn't mind, could you post your "stats" or let me know where I'm lacking. I'm interested what I need to improve to get hired on.

            I guess Henrico's next.

            Thanks guys.

            Good luck to you all.
            Sucks man... but good luck with Henrico.

            I scored a 87.57 on the written and 4min and 11 sec on the PT portion.

            Just had my interview on Monday and hoping for a call back to move on, but I'm still applying for Henrico don't wanna miss out if CFD doesn't hire me.
            FDNY Exam 2000
            Score: 97
            Rank : 8,1xx

            RFD
            2012-2013 exam
            Rank : 7x

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by letithang View Post
              Man!!!! This sucks, here I am at home waiting for word on the interview. Come to find out it has come and gone. This was my first time applying to a FD, but I thought everything was going great. I'm prior military, an EMT, in medic school, got an 84 on the written test(I know thats not great), and rocked a 3:45 on the PT test.

              If you guys that got to the interview wouldn't mind, could you post your "stats" or let me know where I'm lacking. I'm interested what I need to improve to get hired on.

              I guess Henrico's next.

              Thanks guys.

              Good luck to you all.
              The biggest thing is the test grade. I'm pretty sure they only called the top 100 scores who passed the cpat. They ended up going up to 124 I think.

              Comment


              • #22
                ????

                So has anyone else involved in the hiring process heard anything recently?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bigkid325 View Post
                  So has anyone else involved in the hiring process heard anything recently?
                  I did the background interview and all...Haven't heard a thing yet. The investigator told me that he would probably be done by mid November. And then he has to give the files back to the interview panel and they select who they are going to hire. He said I'd probably here something the first week in December or at least by mid Decmeber. But I will bump this post the day I hear anything..you do the same.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    got set up to finalize everything next week, anyone else hear anything?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yeah. Physical and such next week.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        my .02

                        thought i might chime in since some folks might still be following this thread.
                        i had a 97 on my written and did just above 4min on my physical, went in for the interview and was told to expect a call by the end of October IF i were to go forward in the process. October (and November) came and went, so i decided to go forward with Henrico.

                        lo and behold, several of my 10 references have contacted me within the past week stating that they've received my "personality questionnaire". elated at the idea i may still have a chance, i called the chesterfield FD/EMS administration
                        and was told:

                        "we can only tell you so much, but i can see that your background check questionnaires have been sent out to your references. the county decided to do some checks on more folks so though there's no certainty on where you stand, there is a possibility you'll go forward" (<-- me summarizing)

                        though i know it's quite possible that i'll never hear anything from Chesterfield again, i am beside myself at the thought of receiving "the call".
                        even if i'm the last kid remaining on the bleachers, i'll have zero problem joining the team. i really don't know what specific criteria Chesterfield uses to select their recruits, but i can say that in my interview i was told a good "20-30% of the folks selected for academy get knocked out of the running when it comes down to their background checks."
                        horrible news for those that made it through the process, but i suppose DUI's, recreational drugs, or too many traffic citations will neutralize you quickly.


                        i'm still signed up to test with Henrico on Jan. 8 - but i urge everyone to remember that they test with the CPAT unlike Chesterfield. the good news is that if you're in any sort of questionable shape, you have PLENTY of time to train. physical test is not until April, and you can get a complete schedule of events on the Henrico Co. website.

                        hope some of this can help perspective-wise. they did tell me that they "were shooting for January" when it came time to start academy. i suppose that February might me a more likely month.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by clock View Post
                          thought i might chime in since some folks might still be following this thread.
                          i had a 97 on my written and did just above 4min on my physical, went in for the interview and was told to expect a call by the end of October IF i were to go forward in the process. October (and November) came and went, so i decided to go forward with Henrico.

                          lo and behold, several of my 10 references have contacted me within the past week stating that they've received my "personality questionnaire". elated at the idea i may still have a chance, i called the chesterfield FD/EMS administration
                          and was told:

                          "we can only tell you so much, but i can see that your background check questionnaires have been sent out to your references. the county decided to do some checks on more folks so though there's no certainty on where you stand, there is a possibility you'll go forward" (<-- me summarizing)

                          though i know it's quite possible that i'll never hear anything from Chesterfield again, i am beside myself at the thought of receiving "the call".
                          even if i'm the last kid remaining on the bleachers, i'll have zero problem joining the team. i really don't know what specific criteria Chesterfield uses to select their recruits, but i can say that in my interview i was told a good "20-30% of the folks selected for academy get knocked out of the running when it comes down to their background checks."
                          horrible news for those that made it through the process, but i suppose DUI's, recreational drugs, or too many traffic citations will neutralize you quickly.


                          i'm still signed up to test with Henrico on Jan. 8 - but i urge everyone to remember that they test with the CPAT unlike Chesterfield. the good news is that if you're in any sort of questionable shape, you have PLENTY of time to train. physical test is not until April, and you can get a complete schedule of events on the Henrico Co. website.

                          hope some of this can help perspective-wise. they did tell me that they "were shooting for January" when it came time to start academy. i suppose that February might me a more likely month.
                          The academy I believe is scheduled to start on Jan. 24th for Chesterfield.

                          I would defiantly still test with Henrico cause you don't have a job till you've got the conditional and passed the medical... just saying.

                          Have you gone for a Background interview with the fire marshal or did they only send out your background questionnaires?
                          FDNY Exam 2000
                          Score: 97
                          Rank : 8,1xx

                          RFD
                          2012-2013 exam
                          Rank : 7x

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            they've only sent out my questionnaires thus far, but i'm sure they've already received half back. definitely still testing with Henrico on Jan 8 - interestingly enough my first kid is due to be born the day before.

                            i figure IF chesterfield is still considering me than they'll be expediting "the process". i haven't participated in a physical nor have i done the psychological part.

                            do you think the Jan. 24 is a tentative date or did they sound pretty certain ?

                            heck, if they call me on the 23rd i'll be rearing to go !

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              my other question if you feel like divulging any info-

                              is the background interview just a sit-down with a psychologist or with a panel ? it seems that a lot of counties differ in their methods. aside from a speeding ticket or two in the past 2 years i've got nothing to answer for, but i am curious as to how they go about it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by clock View Post
                                they've only sent out my questionnaires thus far, but i'm sure they've already received half back. definitely still testing with Henrico on Jan 8 - interestingly enough my first kid is due to be born the day before.

                                i figure IF chesterfield is still considering me than they'll be expediting "the process". i haven't participated in a physical nor have i done the psychological part.

                                do you think the Jan. 24 is a tentative date or did they sound pretty certain ?

                                heck, if they call me on the 23rd i'll be rearing to go !
                                99% sure the 24th is the start date... so if they are trying to fill any last openings hopefully whomever they pick the process will move along quick so some people will have time to put in 2 weeks notice at the current jobs.

                                Congratulations on the first kid!

                                Keep us posted if you hear anything new.
                                FDNY Exam 2000
                                Score: 97
                                Rank : 8,1xx

                                RFD
                                2012-2013 exam
                                Rank : 7x

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X