• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesterfield, Virginia

Read below and or go to the web sites.

http://www.chesterfield.gov/FireAndEMS.aspx?id=7976

Fire and EMS Career Firefighters

Chesterfield, VA Fire and EMS delivers fire suppression, emergency medical, and other specialized emergency services to the citizens and visitors of Chesterfield County, Virginia. Career firefighters working for Chesterfield Fire and EMS enjoy a high quality work environment with well trained personnel, and excellent facilities, equipment and resources with which to provide services.

Those interested in being a career firefighter with Chesterfield Fire and EMS should apply online when the department is actively hiring. After an application is submitted and the advertisement period is closed, information noting all steps in the hiring process will be sent to all applicants. The candidate selection process includes a written test and the physical ability test; watch the video.

Note: Not all applicants that pass the written test will be invited to take the physical ability test.

Not all applicants that pass the physical ability test will be interviewed.

Chesterfield Fire and EMS Offers

Excellent Training
    • State-of-the-art training facilities
    • Officer development programs
    • Ongoing company-level training
    • Continuing education for basic and advanced life support providers
    • College level classes that apply to degree programs
    Competitive Compensation Package
    • $39,000 annual salary (Plus a comprehensive benefit package)
    • Employer contribution to employee retirement plan.

Please note: Chesterfield County employees hired or rehired on or after July 1, 2010, with no prior service credit in the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), do not receive 100% of their retirement funded by the employer. As of the date noted above, new employees must contribute 5% of their income to VRS on a pre-tax basis.

Career/Advancement Opportunities
    • Specialized Teams
    o Hazardous Materials
    o SCUBA Rescue
    o Technical Rescue
    • Career Development Program
    • Promotion Opportunities
    Comprehensive Health and Wellness Program

Chesterfield County Offers
    • Employee's Federal Credit Union
    • A High Quality of Life
    • A Vibrant Future
    • Affordable Homes
    • Excellent School System
    • Something for Everyone

For additional information please contact us at (804) 748-1360 or e-mail

[email protected]
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

yeah the written test results are supposed to be posted this afternoon on there web site....
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score: 97

RFD
    2012-2013 exam

Comment

Originally posted by nburdyc View Post
      yeah the written test results are supposed to be posted this afternoon on there web site....

See here

http://www.chesterfield.gov/FireAndEMS.aspx?id=16463

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
        I checked it out as soon as it posted, but thanks for the link.

Now I guess all those that made the list are gonna be waiting for a letter to do the physical ability portion hopefully that letter will come soon.
        FDNY Exam 2000

RFD
        2012-2013 exam

Comment

They said at the test that the physical test would take place on september 8th and 9th, thus I am assuming that they will contact us via e-mail, considering snail mail would allow only a week to make arrangements to get down to chesterfield. Also, any idea what the SCBA portion of the test is about, all the info I could find is that they have you walk around a room in a blacked out mask for five minutes. details?

Comment

Originally posted by skinny747 View Post
            They said at the test that the physical test would take place on september 8th and 9th, thus I am assuming that they will contact us via e-mail, considering snail mail would allow only a week to make arrangements to get down to chesterfield. Also, any idea what the SCBA portion of the test is about, all the info I could find is that they have you walk around a room in a blacked out mask for five minutes. details?

From the looks of it its just what you said walking around with a black out face piece.

There is a video on there website linked here :
            http://chesterfieldva.granicus.com/A...a.granicus.com

My thoughts were the same with email, but so far everything else has been through regular mail they may keep doing it that way. Don't know though.
            FDNY Exam 2000

RFD
            2012-2013 exam

Comment

SCBA Event - The candidate will don turnout coat, helmet, self-contained breathing apparatus face piece with covered lens, and self-contained breathing apparatus backpack without regulator assembly. The candidate will be led into the class A building and instructed to walk around in a designated area within the structure for a period of five minutes. The candidates face piece and equipment must remain on for no less than five minutes.

Pass or Fail.

Looking at the scores there is a lot below the norm of 85.

Comment

I read that information on the website, that is where the confusion lies. Is there nothing else involved other than walking around?

Comment

I read that information on the website, that is where the confusion lies. Is there nothing else involved other than walking around?

Confusion? I don't see any confusion here. It is pretty simple.

I take that you haven't done this before or even as a company training event?

The face piece is covered. You are in a room that you have never been in before. You can see anything and only all you can do is feel.

We do this a lot with new applicants, new hires at the academy and also with company training.
                  Last edited by Jonnee; 08-31-2010, 06:48 PM.

Comment

MAANNN, easy with the assumptions pal. ive done it quite a bit in training but never WALKING. that is where the discrepancy lies. never have i been told to WALK around with a blacked out facepiece. CRAWL yes, WALK no. You pickin up what im puttin down big guy?

Comment

MAANNN, easy with the assumptions pal. ive done it quite a bit in training but never WALKING. that is where the discrepancy lies. never have i been told to WALK around with a blacked out facepiece. CRAWL yes, WALK no. You pickin up what im puttin down big guy?

Easy bud, the man was trying to point out there shouldn't be nothing to this part of the test. It is a common scba/face piece testing procedure in Virginia. Plus he has if not wrote the book on much of the agility testing in this State and also for his department where he is a Chief Officer. Formerly the Chief of Training of his Department.

Either you can do this part of their version of the cpat or not.

I think that there are barriers in that room so the applicant would feel their way around. It's not a room where you have to crawl under and over items. Basically it is a test to see if the applicant is claustrophobic or not. Probably also to see if the applicant came overcome complete 'blindness' in a room they never been in under control conditions.

They have a certain area that they must remain in as the description indicates.

Comment

Its all good man, I was just joking around. No disrespect intended. Is it possible also that it might be looking to see how much air you suck down in 5 minutes after completing the other components of the test?

Comment

Its all good man, I was just joking around. No disrespect intended. Is it possible also that it might be looking to see how much air you suck down in 5 minutes after completing the other components of the test?
                          SCBA Event - The candidate will don turnout coat, helmet, self-contained breathing apparatus face piece with covered lens, and self-contained breathing apparatus backpack without regulator assembly. The candidate will be led into the class A building and instructed to walk around in a designated area within the structure for a period of five minutes. The candidates face piece and equipment must remain on for no less than five minutes

It says that a failure in the test is removal of face piece..... Also as it states above SCBA with out regulator I'm gonna assume that the candidate is not on air.

And to clarify a earlier question if you have been chosen to advance to the physical ability test you will get a phone call followed by a email.
                          FDNY Exam 2000

RFD
                          2012-2013 exam

Comment

thanks man. I appreciate the info. I didnt notice the part about not being on air. I got a call earlier today about when and where for the physical but havent gotten an email yet. thanks again

Comment

Does anyone know of any rumors as to when there next academy will start and how many they may be hiring?
                              FDNY Exam 2000

RFD
                              2012-2013 exam

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader