FDNY Hiring Process Special Circumstance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY Hiring Process Special Circumstance

Ok I know that there are many posts about the FDNY hiring process but I have a special question. I understand most of how it works but I'm planning on taking the 2011 test (if they ever open the filing period) but I'm starting college in the fall of 2010 which will have me finished in 2014. My question is this: I plan on finishing college but if for some reason I do well on the test and want to hold off my scores until I graduate...is this possible? I know everyone has their own opinion on this but I don't really want anyone's input unless you are actually involved with FDNY because they are the only one's who I can trust on this question. Thank you for any help. BTW I am from Upstate New York.

Originally posted by jstanley View Post
    Ok I know that there are many posts about the FDNY hiring process but I have a special question. I understand most of how it works but I'm planning on taking the 2011 test (if they ever open the filing period) but I'm starting college in the fall of 2010 which will have me finished in 2014. My question is this: I plan on finishing college but if for some reason I do well on the test and want to hold off my scores until I graduate...is this possible? I know everyone has their own opinion on this but I don't really want anyone's input unless you are actually involved with FDNY because they are the only one's who I can trust on this question. Thank you for any help. BTW I am from Upstate New York.
    I am simply a candidate on the list hoping to get on but know that you can defer your list number. I also did that for the NYS Court officers and regrettably never took the job because I thought Id be a firefighter by now. One of the kids on my list now got called back in 08 and at the time froze his list number but then reactivated it and is now processed and up to date. So the answer is yes...but remember there is no gaurantee of another class going in....look at whats going on now...good luck with everything

Comment

If your list number was high enough to be in the first class, you could defer to the second class. HOWEVER, this is essentially a gamble these days. There are many candidates from 6019 that deferred from the first for the "second" class for whatever personal reasons and now look where they're at. Many that deferred may not even get on now due to that Idiot of a judge. So Deferring is essentially a gamble and doesn't necessarily mean you could end up in the next class or not if something were to come up (also have to take into account you would pry have to redo your medical, which say if you passed it the first time you could always **** up and not pass the second for example). Lots of things to think about on that question.

Comment

Does anyone know what they do if you test with FDNY, get your number called, but are currently serving in the Military and are unable to attend the Academy? Do they hold a spot for you and place you in the next Academy once you are done with your Active Duty Enlistment?

Thanks fellas

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X