Newport News, VA Hiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newport News, VA Hiring

Newport News, VA is now hiring and accepting apps through 9/20. Check out their website nnfd.net

Any idea on how many people usually apply for NNFD and how many they are looking to hire? Based on their website it seems like a great department to work for, but I am curious if I guy from Minnesota should even bother with applying.

Thanks
    Last edited by FF173; 08-25-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
      Newport News, VA is now hiring and accepting apps through 9/20. Check out their website nnfd.net

www.nnfd.net

See this site as well.

https://www.jobs-nngov.com/applicant...=1282750413971
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

The last three people they hired were all from out of state. Based on qualifications and how well you interview period.
        Last edited by SRT407; 08-25-2010, 09:57 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by SRT407 View Post
          The last three people they hired were all from out of state. Based on qaulifications and how well you interview period.
          Thank you for the reply.

Comment

... Did I read it right on there website?

that they will hire you and train you to become medics?
            The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Comment

Its paid training that brings everyone up to EMT-I. A very intensive 4-5 month class M-F and clinicals on weekends, all on salary and covered by the dept.

Comment

Thats nice... will definitely be sending my app in for this dept.

Are you with NNFD?
                The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Comment

Yes, recent hire too, so hopefully if you have any other questions, I will answer them as best I can.

Comment

Originally posted by emt-pack_mule View Post
                    Yes, recent hire too, so hopefully if you have any other questions, I will answer them as best I can.
                    Good to know. Thank you

Its a 24/48 schedule right? Whats Newport News like? What is the call volume like?

Comment

I believe its called a 3 platoon system. So three 24 hr shifts over a five day period, (24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on) and after that 3rd shift on starts a 4 day break. I think the actual call numbers should be up on the website, 80-90% of calls are ems if I had to guess. 11 stations, minimum crew is 3 per apparatus, fairly large.

If the process opened up in Aug/Sept, I'd say be ready to start emt class in January.

Comment

They are also hiring for deputy chief if anyone is interested.
                        Career Firefighter
                        Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                        I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by notfruitybutloopy
                          True that they're hiring but if anyone's interested in the position... not really a good place to live in. Education is screwed up, and the neighboor hoods aren't the nicest, as you head farther in it gets worse. I'd suggest living outside the city limits, like in Willimasburg. It's like 20 min away. Parks and rec in NN pays well in the summer though.
                          I can attest to that. I lived in NN from 94-99 and it was starting to go down hill then. I would consider living in VA Beach or Hampton. From what I remember those areas are nice.
                          Career Firefighter
                          Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                          I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by emt-pack_mule View Post
                            I believe its called a 3 platoon system. So three 24 hr shifts over a five day period, (24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on) and after that 3rd shift on starts a 4 day break. I think the actual call numbers should be up on the website, 80-90% of calls are ems if I had to guess. 11 stations, minimum crew is 3 per apparatus, fairly large.

If the process opened up in Aug/Sept, I'd say be ready to start emt class in January.
                            You would'nt happen to know how many they're looking to hire would you?

Comment

See here >>> http://www.nngov.com/fire

Look around
                              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse