West Metro (Colorado)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Metro (Colorado)

I searched for the old thread, but it has been closed.

Anyone have any info on upcoming academies for WM? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

http://www.westmetrofire.org/index.c...&detailsid=116

Fire Fighter
    How do I get an application?
    West Metro is currently NOT accepting applications for firefighter. The hiring process is every two years. Please check back periodically as the next testing process will be in 2011. There are No Details on this testing process at this time.

Comment

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear...

Anyone have any info on an academy upcoming from the current active list? Thanks

Comment

Guess no news is good news.

Comment

50/50

From what is sounds like the chance for a spring academy is 50/50. West Metro is going to having only 1 academy a year, unlike in previous years were they always had two. It is more cost effective for them to run an academy once a year. I have heard that we need to have a minimum of 6 people to even start an academy. Last I heard it was not likey that they were going to do a spring academy and that they were going to wait for a new list to be established next spring. I will let you know if I hear more. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter1126 View Post
            From what is sounds like the chance for a spring academy is 50/50. West Metro is going to having only 1 academy a year, unlike in previous years were they always had two. It is more cost effective for them to run an academy once a year. I have heard that we need to have a minimum of 6 people to even start an academy. Last I heard it was not likey that they were going to do a spring academy and that they were going to wait for a new list to be established next spring. I will let you know if I hear more. Best of luck to you.
            Thanks for the inside perspective. It is most appreciated at this point when it's a wait and see thing.

Comment

Can anyone out there with West Metro elaborate on what the Treadmill MET/FIT test is for the initial hiring? I did a google search, but got a lot of different types of tests, but was hoping for some specifics.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

The MET/FIT test is a teadmill run that increases in intensity. Starts out walking, ends up running @ 8mph, 5* incline. Not too bad. I think the whole thing is like 9 min.

Comment

Originally posted by bins View Post
                  The MET/FIT test is a teadmill run that increases in intensity. Starts out walking, ends up running @ 8mph, 5* incline. Not too bad. I think the whole thing is like 9 min.
                  Thanks. Is it a pass/fail kind of thing or are they looking at your O2 intake or something?

Comment

Nope, it's just P/F.

Comment

Originally posted by bins View Post
                      Nope, it's just P/F.
                      Cool, thx for the info.

Comment

Place or rank for Spring 2011?

Hey Guys
                        Anyone out there know what number they went to on the upcoming West Metro Spring 2011 Academy? My last ranking number was 19 and thought I had a good shot but sounds like they only took a small number. Any help would be appreciated
                        Last edited by Medic09; 11-24-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Not sure what number they pulled for the spring 2011 academy all I now is that they are taking 5. Sorry don't have any other information than that. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks FF1126 I appreciate it. Guess I'll be giving it another go in March

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X