Snohomish County Fire District 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snohomish County Fire District 1

The closing date for SCFD1 is August 31st, 2010. Anyone have any info to share. I have heard nothing but great things about the department and I'm excited for the prospect of joining. Does anyone know how the written is weighted? I took the written this month and felt good about it. Good luck to everyone in the coming months and be safe out there.

J
    Last edited by alaskafire1; 08-22-2010, 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Anyone heard anything?

Comment

I have not heard anything yet. Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

they have had about 600 people apply so it could be a bit still

Comment

Thanks Buffingtonc, are you an applicant or current department member?

Comment

I got a letter basically saying that around 600 people applied and they are still currently reviewing the applications and if you are to move on you will be contacted before October 1st.

Comment

Ya i got that same letter.. and to answer you question alaskafire in am not a member there but would like to be.. lol.. i dont know how many firefighters vs firefighter paramedics they are taking so out of that 600 ish i would have to assume that most are firefighters..? is anyone else a paramedic? dose anyone know how many they are taking?

Comment

I got that letter as well, haven't heard anything new.

Comment

Buffingtonc are you a paramedic?

Comment

Well alaskafire1 it looks like I was not selected to move on. Today is the 1st and no letter. Hope you get better news than me!

Comment

Same here, did anyone hear anything or has anyone spoke with HR?

Comment

No call or letter for me either.

Comment

SEAEV09 I am a medic. And still haven't heard anything as of today.

Comment

SCFD1 is in the process of doing a functional consolidation/merge with Snohomish County Fire District 7 (Mill Creek/Clearview/Bothell area).

SCFD7 has an EMS levy measure on the ballot for November, the result of which will potentially dictate whether SCFD1 hires from this process. If the levy fails, there will likely be layoffs.

They (District 1) will likely be giving preference to filling their open spots with laid off IAFF firefighters from around the state.

Comment

powerhourcoug did you talk to someone from snohomish how did you find out this information? my letter said we should hear something by Oct. 1

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X