X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quayleman
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2009

Breckenridge, Colorado

just thought id start a thread to see who is applying. will be putting in my application. this week. anyone one know any information about how many they may be hiring?
  • RidgeRunner78
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2009

I would be if it wasn't for the FF1 requirement...

Comment

• DexterRutecki
      MembersZone Subscriber
      • Dec 2005

These guys are jags, why the hell can't they do the different steps on various weekends. I hate it when Dept's do this. People have jobs, pretty inconsiderate as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• 233wacker
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2006

"DexterRutecki".........that's great!

Comment

• RidgeRunner78
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DexterRutecki
          These guys are jags, why the hell can't they do the different steps on various weekends. I hate it when Dept's do this. People have jobs, pretty inconsiderate as far as I'm concerned.
          Yea, but the people doing the interview/PAT/test also have jobs. And many of them work 40 hours Monday-Friday.

Comment

• ljm
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2010

I'll be applying for sure, does anybody know how many they are looking to hire?

Good luck to everybody!

Comment

• nmfire
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2002

Originally posted by DexterRutecki
              Yeah, it tends to weed out the people who just want everything handed to them on a golden platter.
              Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

• quayleman
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2009

yea it does suck when everything is on a different weekend. and its even worse when you are coming from out of state. (as i do) but its my dream to get hired out in colorado so to me its worth the effort no if thats what it takes.

Comment

• yjbrody64
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2009

PAT sounds exactly like West Metros, but didn't see if it was pass/fail or scored. Anyone know?
                  Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

• DexterRutecki
                    MembersZone Subscriber
                    • Dec 2005

pass/fail.

Comment

• Chappy6T
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2008

Just so you guys know the people putting on the testing also read these forums.

Comment

• Lucky2
                        Forum Member
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Chappy6T
                        Exactly. So watch your tongue Dexter Rutecki, if that's your real name.

Comment

• yjbrody64
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Chappy6T
                          2nd that. That's why I don't put anything on here that I wouldn't mind a background investigator reading. It's happened before with other depts that I have tested with.

Chappy, if you are with RWBFD (which the quoted post implies), it looks like a great dept. I wish you an your dept good luck with your hiring process.

I won't be testing, but best of luck to any that are. It's a great opportunity.
                          Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

• DexterRutecki
                            MembersZone Subscriber
                            • Dec 2005

Not my real name and I hope admin is/are reading this forum. I'm sorry, but most people can't afford to take off at least three days of work to test. Most dept's do at least the physical and written on weekends. Just seems kind of silly to have 100 or so people have to take vacation so that two or three people won't have to work a weekend. Also, people that have careers and don't have a summer job Lifeguarding at the local YMCA find it hard to explain why they need to take off three Mondays in a row. That's all.

Comment

• BrewCityFF
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2003

It's really kind of hard to understand, actually. If you want the job; you apply, you test and, you make all appointments at the testing department's discretion.
                              If you can't, or won't, no big deal; someone else will.

Now applicants are demanding that a department schedule it's testing process around the applicants? Really?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...