No announcement yet.

arlington texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey schwanee did you have your interview yet?!?!
    mine went ok i guess.....i expected alot more questions about myself and my intentions wih the dept. and not just a few "what did you do when this happened" questions. Were you surprised with the simplicity of it?

Comment

I had mine on Monday, and I was definitely surprised by the quick and short format. I didn't get to use hardly any of the material that I prepared, but I think it went ok. They said they will tell us their results next week, so I definitely look forward to seeing where I stand, because I have no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by schwanee View Post
        I had mine on Monday, and I was definitely surprised by the quick and short format. I didn't get to use hardly any of the material that I prepared, but I think it went ok. They said they will tell us their results next week, so I definitely look forward to seeing where I stand, because I have no idea!

Ya i have no idea either. I was somewhat prepared, but had prepared for more tell us about you, why you want to be a firefighter, why do you want to work here, etc quetions. I thought it went smooth, but I guess you never know until they release the next step and see if you are a go.

Comment

Good i was wondering if everyone got that quicky format.
          Last edited by fantan4; 10-08-2010, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Ya I spent alot of time practicing for a ton of questions that they didn't ask lol....As I was leaving they had said that the results should be posted on their website mid next week

Comment

I guess you guys do know Arlington checks this site
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Overthinking

Comment

I don't believe I have personally released any information that was too specific to their hiring process that would compromise the integrity of it....the availability date of updates in the hiring process is general info and I didn't give away any specific questions ued during the interview process or how many questions were asked...I understand that this process needs to be equally fair for everybody involved!! At the same time its nice to be able to talk to other people going through this hiring process and share some emotions and personal stories (without being to revealing), I believe it helps reduce the stresses involved to be able to talk and share with people who are in the same boat as all of us

Comment

Originally posted by Bonsaihugger View Post
                    I don't believe I have personally released any information that was too specific to their hiring process that would compromise the integrity of it....the availability date of updates in the hiring process is general info and I didn't give away any specific questions ued during the interview process or how many questions were asked...I understand that this process needs to be equally fair for everybody involved!! At the same time its nice to be able to talk to other people going through this hiring process and share some emotions and personal stories (without being to revealing), I believe it helps reduce the stresses involved to be able to talk and share with people who are in the same boat as all of us
                    yea i totally agree, thats what a forum is, to discuss things like this, no one said anything about what the questions were they did ask

Comment

Makes me feel better for sure. I thought i was nervous before it.....thats nothing compared to how i feel waiting for next week omg. I just dont feel Satisfied with the interview thats all cause i wanted to say much more.

Comment

Yea it defiantly makes you wonder how they will end up scoring it based on how short the answers were. Im assuming you should do ok as long as you used your life experiences to answer the questions. You know at some point they have to start weeding out more people, b/c as it stood during that phase, there were about 180 people left interviewing. I couldn't imagine that many going through with the command staff interview.

Comment

Is Arlington FD even going to conduct a polygraph or psych test? I haven't read anywhere in their info about these two tests that seem so common in all other department's hiring processes.

Comment

Polys and psychs are not part of Arlingtons process.

Comment

anyone make it??.................i didnt

Comment

I was fortunate enough to make it to the second round of interviews...I truely wish the best of luck to everybody that did and to those that didn't, never give up. I know everybody in this forum either is lucky enough to already have a job as a firefighter or dreams of having one and we are all in the same boat and will one day achieve that dream!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X