No announcement yet.

arlington texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im a probationary firefighter that got hired in arlington last test, just wanted to come in here and wish all of you guys the best of luck! im at a station where both of the medics are testing out and they are sharp! be sure to know your stuff!

if you guys got any questions i will be more then happy to try and answer them!

Comment

Well the test was tonight, how do you guys who took it feel it went? I feel pretty positive, the math threw me a little but I still feel good. Not looking forward to waiting until monday to find out results, the wait is the worst!!!!

Comment

I think it's great we only have to wait till Monday 4 results not like a few weeks. More people at the test than I expected. Hopefully all you need is low 90's to move on I don't feel too great about the test overall.

Comment

I agree that waiting until Monday isn't as bad as say, Monday two weeks from now but, I always find myself second guessing the longer I wait. Last night I left feeling very good about my test but the further the night went on the more I started to think about some of the questions. In reality I'm probably just psyching myself out but I always do it while I wait. As far as there being a lot of people there, that's the truth!
          I looked around some while we were waiting and there was a little bit of everything there, test veterans, first timers, old, young, male, female . All in all though, it was a good turn out and I look forward to knowing the top 250 sometime Monday.
          Last edited by JPLeverett; 09-09-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Im excited about Monday as well. I pretty much aced that sucker but with the NFSI test i heard that doesnt matter in you answer the personality inventory part 2 wrong. I went with agree disagree pretty much the whole way except for about 5 or 6 strongly's. That section is there to screw us all!! I had a friend that took this test recently and answered strongly all the way and it seemed to drop him to the 80's and he's a brilliant guy.
            We will need probably at least 94/95 to get in the 250.

Comment

I only answered maybe 2-4 strongly.... All the others were pretty much in the middle for me. I hate that those effect the overall score, seems kind of silly.

Comment

Yea it evidently is different from dept to dept as to how its graded/weighted. Some of those sure were weird though. I mean...World is BASICALLY a dangerous place? That made it sound like your all paranoid if you agree to it. So do they not have tie breakers or residency points on this test?!? I guess maybe the scores are going to the hundredths (98.65) to keep from identical scores??

Comment

I thought it went pretty well overall. There was a few I wasn't sure of. One math question in particular, I could have sworn they did not have the correct answer as an option. Anyone else have problems with this one? It was the one with the stairs. I also had around 5 strongly answers. Glad we only have to wait till Monday!

Comment

Schwanee, I know the one you are talking about! I had the same issue, there was an answer that was close to what I came up with but not my exact answer. Either we both did it wrong or the answer wasent there... As for the personality questions Fan, I agree about the one about the world being dangerous. I sat and thought about that one for a minute... I mean the world is dangerous but I was unsure what they wanted there. The paranoid answer would be yes but I wondered if they were going to think I was naïve (sp) if I said it was not... Questions like that are odd as far as what answe they are looking for.

Comment

Yea thats why it says basically. Only two made me think. Drunk driving passage and old lady heart pain and how to pick her up.

Comment

Have you done any EMS training yet? I was just curious, I have done my Basic and am working on Medic and eventhough its not required to test, having a little training DID make it easier. Some of those questions were a little more patient assessment related than I had expected...

Comment

I think that a low 90's (91-93) score will move you on. Fort worths cut off score was 95 and that was w/ 5 military points. Hopefully that'll give us a little bigger window. Wonder who decides the right answers for the personallity questions for each department because there does seem to be variance between tests. I knew a guy got a 100 on one and in the 70's on the next less than a year later.

Comment

I think you are probably pretty close on a low 90's score. Out of curiousity, did they do military service points on this test? I cannot recall seeing anything about them but I might have missed it. It does not apply to me unfortunately but I was wondering.

Comment

I dont have any actually....im one of those guys. My dads been a FF for around 11 years so i know alot about the life but i just recently decided to pursue this. Anyways ive never seen any that dont give 5 points for military. Ive also seen some actually give points on the exam for residency but i didnt see it mentioned on the app process. Maybe its a hidden attribute haha.

Comment

So Schmid i see that you took the FW and did great. What was your personality strategy??

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X