X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweetpete
    replied
    Originally posted by whfd hems 930 View Post
    Pete......I am a former Ohioan myself. Grew up in Chillicothe, Jackson area.
    Awesome man....nice to see some "family" down here. I love Tx, but I still miss my family and the change of seasons...ya know? The cooler temps, leaves changing...even the snow (a little anyways)

Anyways, nice to know you.....we'll keep in touch. This is a great forum to meet people! Be careful out there bro!!!

Pete

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    check the requirements for different departments:::

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employme...gomery_posting

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    Once you have taken and passed the course and taken the state test and get your medical cert.
    You are so called certified

And a department in Texas that requires it will accept it

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    http://www.trainingdivision.com/Academy.asp

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    Sorry rookie of the year but I think your info is wrong

Leave a comment:

• whfd930
    replied
    Originally posted by MANOFSTEEL View Post
    Alright Pete here is a question for you...

I'm looking at the online courses and noticed the "Online Fire Academy" for $2,500. I also noticed at the bottom of the page the "SFFMA of Texas" courses. Are these courses the same as the Online Fire Academy classes but just broken down into separate parts? Also, when doing the Online Fire Academy I noticed the emt is a different course, is that right?

I hate to keep bothering you but I really do appreciate the help
    With SFFMA, as I am certified through, at the basic level as of now, is for Volunteer firemen and that is why it is offered at the cost it is. Although, when I get to the Advanced Cert, then I can take another test, and get it "accredited," send all of the paperwork to Austin, and challenge the State Fire test, and become a certified Firefigher. The thing with this is that you are looking at years to get to the Advanced level and at least another year to get your cert FF1&2. Hope this helps.

Pete......I am a former Ohioan myself. Grew up in Chillicothe, Jackson area.

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    Smart phones

Dump operators

Leave a comment:

• MANOFSTEEL
    replied
    Originally posted by fire49 View Post
    sorry been iphoneing replies

I've been doing mine on the blackberry... Gotta love smart phones

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    sorry been iphoneing replies

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    i think the fire academy is two weeks spent on campus,

not sure of your status if you can get away for two weeks

also, you take a state proctored test at some point to include simple practicums

Leave a comment:

• sweetpete
    replied
    Part of the training. Com is to Actual time at the academy!!!!!!!!!!

Suggest highly call them,,,,they are friendly!!!!!! And will answer any questions
    Ummmmm, were you drinking when you typed this??? Just curious...LOL
    Pete

Leave a comment:

• sweetpete
    replied
    Hey man,

Yeah, I agree. I also got my EMT-Basic (NREMT) prior to going thru the academy. I'd recommend doing the same thing. Primarily because, EMT is going to be a money maker right out of the gate.

You'll be able to find a job as an EMT at alot of private ambulance companies, some EMS companies, and perhaps even a FD.

Also, most people I've spoken to don't necessarily enjoy the EMS side of fire, so if you get thru it first, then you'll really enjoy the fire side. And you'll have some experience on top of it.

I personally LOVE EMS, and never really planned on being a firefighter. But, I was fortunate enough to get hired on a great city that does alot of both fire and EMS.

Either way, I wish you the best. Keep in touch and let me know if there's anything else you need.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• MANOFSTEEL
    replied
    and that is going to be the tough part for me. I need to find a place close to home where I can do the in house training. Ill work out some questions and give them a call.

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied

Suggest highly call them,,,,they are friendly!!!!!! And will answer any questions

Leave a comment:

• MANOFSTEEL
    replied
    I'm thinking of taking the EMT class first because if I do get lucky and make it to the academy in Maryland then I will have blown the 2,500. If I take the EMT course I see that it is NREMT, which I'm assuming that means I will be certified nationwide? I would call you, but these questions are randomly popping in my mind - I'm going nuts over here

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X