Training Division.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Division.com

Is or has anyone on here been involved with this organization? I'm looking for some pretty basic knowledge here about the site, which I can't find on the site. Basically I wanted to know that when you pass a course, do you get a certificate of some sort? If so, where can I find out what states accept this training certificate? Can anyone give me a general rundown of how this stuff works?

they are a good group

there main thing is texas certification, but you get ifsac, so you have to vehck with the state you are applying in to see what the requirements are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they also train large groups of candaians that cannot get into class in canada, so if you want to work in canada ????

Upon successful completion of each course, you will receive a certificate. All of our courses have been approved through Texas, an IFSAC state, which allows transfer to other IFSAC states and Canada. All of our courses, including our EMT Basic, have been written to exceed the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.

they are a good group, call them if any questions,

they are located sw of dallas about 30 miles, so you can fly into dallas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

That sounds good. I really want to move to Texas so I'm not sure why I'm worried about where the certs are transferable to. I mean heck, the classes are nationally approved so either way I will get the training I need to help me through an academy.... if I make it that far

Do you by any chance know how the hiring process is like in Texas? Up where I live its the written, interview, background, drug/psyc, CPAT, chief interview, academy for 6 months.

Comment

Hey,

I'll give you my "short" version. I lived in Ohio and wanted to get certified in both Tx and Oh. So, I went thru Training Division. It was the BEST move I ever did. On the last day of the class, the class tested and obtained their TX certification, and if you score high enough in all 4 parts (FF1, FF2, Hazmat Awareness, Hazmat Ops), you can attain your IFSAC seals for an additional $10/seal (which I did).

Those seals, in turn, allowed me to obtain my OH certification. It was simply awesome. The instructors are top notch and so is the administration. Everyone there is ready and willing to help, and I met guys from all over (Canada, US, Virgin Islands) and had a great time in the process.

I HIGHLY recommend their course. Finally, I was hired with a career dept here in Tx less than 3 months later. Training Division has a GREAT reputation and is just an amazing organization.

Lastly, the hiring process down here is pretty much the same as anywhere else. It's a very competitive job market and cities are only taking the best of the best. There are too many people trying for the same job. Cities are very picky and they can be, considering the amount of applicants.

Like you said, you take a written test, pat, interview, background, psych and finally a CJO. Some of the bigger cities have an additional academy you go thru, others just have a probationary period (usually about 6 months to a year) in which you learn the way they do things. Kinda like a "mini-academy".

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I'm happy to talk on the phone or e-mail. Whatever you need.

Take care,
        Pete

Comment

Awesome man, thanks for all the info!

I think I'm going to do this regardless. I just saw that Maryland is not a part of IFSAC but rather a part of MFRI. I guess we are special and have to have our own training course (insert rolling eyes icon here). Because of this I guess I will be doing the self paced classes online unless you have another recommendation.

Comment

Wish I could help you there, but I don't know anything about Maryland's cert process.

But, if you have any questions or concerns about TD, feel free to PM me or post here. Take care man.

Pete

Comment

Alright Pete here is a question for you...

I'm looking at the online courses and noticed the "Online Fire Academy" for $2,500. I also noticed at the bottom of the page the "SFFMA of Texas" courses. Are these courses the same as the Online Fire Academy classes but just broken down into separate parts? Also, when doing the Online Fire Academy I noticed the emt is a different course, is that right?

I hate to keep bothering you but I really do appreciate the help

Comment

Originally posted by MANOFSTEEL View Post
                Alright Pete here is a question for you...

I'm looking at the online courses and noticed the "Online Fire Academy" for $2,500. I also noticed at the bottom of the page the "SFFMA of Texas" courses. Are these courses the same as the Online Fire Academy classes but just broken down into separate parts? Also, when doing the Online Fire Academy I noticed the emt is a different course, is that right?

I hate to keep bothering you but I really do appreciate the help
                Hey bro...no bother at all. Actually, I had the same question when I looked into their program. IIRC, they informed me that the SFFMA courses are simply continuing education courses that you would take to either attain or maintain your volunteer status. So, even though the price is right, it's not what you're looking for.

The $2500 course is your full, FF 1&2 course and includes your HAZMAT Awareness and Ops, which most states require for any consideration as a full-time, professional FF.

Also, this is really important!! Yes, you need some sort of EMS / EMT course to qualify to get your cert in Tx. These courses are not included in the basic fire academy. So, you'll need something in the medical field to attain your cert.

If you already have your NREMT, then you're good to go. If not, you'll need to get it (at least to the level of first responder) if I'm not mistaken. They might be able to give you a better clarification than I am, but this is how I remember it.

Also, feel free to pm your cell phone or e-mail if you'd like to talk. I'm more than happy to. Sometimes I don't get to check this forum as much as I'd like.

Take care bro,

Pete

Comment

I'm thinking of taking the EMT class first because if I do get lucky and make it to the academy in Maryland then I will have blown the 2,500. If I take the EMT course I see that it is NREMT, which I'm assuming that means I will be certified nationwide? I would call you, but these questions are randomly popping in my mind - I'm going nuts over here

Comment

Part of the training. Com is to Actual time at the academy!!!!!!!!!!

Suggest highly call them,,,,they are friendly!!!!!! And will answer any questions

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
                      and that is going to be the tough part for me. I need to find a place close to home where I can do the in house training. Ill work out some questions and give them a call.

Comment

Hey man,

Yeah, I agree. I also got my EMT-Basic (NREMT) prior to going thru the academy. I'd recommend doing the same thing. Primarily because, EMT is going to be a money maker right out of the gate.

You'll be able to find a job as an EMT at alot of private ambulance companies, some EMS companies, and perhaps even a FD.

Also, most people I've spoken to don't necessarily enjoy the EMS side of fire, so if you get thru it first, then you'll really enjoy the fire side. And you'll have some experience on top of it.

I personally LOVE EMS, and never really planned on being a firefighter. But, I was fortunate enough to get hired on a great city that does alot of both fire and EMS.

Either way, I wish you the best. Keep in touch and let me know if there's anything else you need.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post

Suggest highly call them,,,,they are friendly!!!!!! And will answer any questions
                          Ummmmm, were you drinking when you typed this??? Just curious...LOL
                          Pete

Comment

i think the fire academy is two weeks spent on campus,

not sure of your status if you can get away for two weeks

also, you take a state proctored test at some point to include simple practicums

Comment

sorry been iphoneing replies

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X